ELLESMERE PORT BOAT MUSEUM - 5th June

Phoenix 19 1.9k England
30 Mar 2005 9:43PM
Morris Dancing ? I Tried that once, but I fell off the bonnet
agoreira 16 6.0k Wales
31 Mar 2005 12:54AM
"Morris Dancing ? I Tried that once, but I fell off the bonnet"

I bet you tried tap dancing, and fell in the sink, as well! The old ones are the best, eh? Wink
Phoenix 19 1.9k England
31 Mar 2005 3:01AM
I tried Lap Dancing too, but the Laplander wasn't to happy about it
digicammad 17 22.0k 39 United Kingdom
31 Mar 2005 3:14AM
Also tried salsa dancing but my shoes got covered in tomatoes.

Then I tried the tango and a fat orange man came and beat me up.

After that it was the Gay Gordon and I can't even bear to remember what happened with that one!

:0)
31 Mar 2005 7:15AM
I'm only coming if there's a pasty throwing contest and I can bring my blow up Bear called Doris. I don't leave the purple kingdom very often but you all seem so nice I feel I ought to come but I'll need lots of beer and female company as I'm old and need looking after and if Iscramble can go......!
Ricardo
stevieb 16 3.0k 2 Panama
31 Mar 2005 7:27AM
Patricia.. put me & Mattwaggie in, and maybe Alex for this. If you're staying with your sister I can probably give you a lift too. Let me know.

Steve
mr g 16 403 3 United Kingdom
31 Mar 2005 8:02AM
Linda and I were at the Boat Museum on Bank Holiday Monday. They had a 'special event' - falconry display, street entertainers etc. Not very well attended (and not very special). I wondered if there would be enough to see & do there?? Is there a plan B - to move on to another venue or are you confident there'll be enough to do/photograph?? Pub??
Has anyone actually been to the old hangars at Vauxhalls -'The Griffin Trust' they have a collection of old planes and vehicles. Never managed to find it open!! Any other local sites people could think of just in case?
Not very PC - but the Boat Museum is very close to The Outlet Village where partners may want to be dropped off if shopping is their thing.
Rob
shutter speed 16 369 United Kingdom
31 Mar 2005 1:42PM
Pasty throwing blow up Bears and the Gay Gordon what more could anyone want might try and get to this.

Ian.
paul_indigo 16 259 United Kingdom
31 Mar 2005 1:59PM
Did someone say pub? That's how I usually end up spending my time at epz meets LOL. Drinking coca cola of course. Looking forward to this one.
PatriciaWilson 16 615 58 Greece
1 Apr 2005 8:45AM
Don't be daft, Mr G! Evlen and I will be at the outlet village the day before...the shops will be empty!

There's the pub, and the forge which the BM say will be working, and I'm still trying to nail them to a price for a group canal trip, and there was a craft center there last time I went...they should have re-stocked by now Smile

The hangers you mention, I think they used to be Hooten Aerodrome at Rivicere. Learned to ride my dilapidated Vespa there when I was 15, phew! long time ago!

EVE, can you get some of those cheap pasties off the market? The Cornish King is coming and even if we get the best (sayers) he'll say they're not 'ansum' enough, so we might as well get the sell-by-date-soggies and save some cash.

And could somebody invite nurse Betty...I think we'll need a good suply of purples :-S
Badger 18 4.7k 20 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2005 11:19AM
Seeing as I have been volunteered for this trip, I thought I'd best put my name on here...

Matt
2 Apr 2005 1:46AM
What's a Vespa bit before my time, Nurse Betty has a Norton 650 in the bedroom. You can't buy pasties outside the Kingdom they're just pies. Never been on a canal seems like fun and would be great to meet everyone.
Purple Master
PatriciaWilson 16 615 58 Greece
2 Apr 2005 11:21PM
Ooh! a pair of Rockers, and me an elapsed Mod Grin
Hope you'll be wearing your fringed leathers, Rick...fancy a bit of rough...on second thoughts they might not let you in. It's a bit posh, Ellesmere Port...and you might scare lovelylinda!

Eve, cross off the pasties, think we should go for pork pies and pickle.

Who else lives near?

Is there a list of members by area?

Pete (Mr Editor, Sir) any help? never organized a meet before and want to do a proper job Smile
mr g 16 403 3 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2005 11:25PM
With the amount of shots of New Brighton lighthouse on here at the moment there must be a 'shed load' of members living on or near the Wirral. Just a short drive down the motorway for them.
Rob
stuwhitt 16 1.4k United Kingdom
3 Apr 2005 1:48AM
I live on the Wirral, but unfortunatly we will be in Scotland on that day.

Stu

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.