Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

EM5 II - On/Off switch not working?

6 Jul 2018 10:21PM
Has anyone had a problem with the on/off switch not working? Currently the only way I can turn the camera off is to take out the battery, when I operate the switch nothing happens.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.6k England
7 Jul 2018 12:31PM
Have you used it anywhere where there has been a lot of grit in the air? It sounds to me (who knows nothing!) that it may not be reaching the connection to turn off - i.e. something is preventing the switch from fully depressing.
7 Jul 2018 3:56PM
New to the EM 5Markii, so I may not be of any help. Is I possible you have disabled it in one of the many menu sub sections? Hope you resolve the issue soon.
dcash29 14 2.4k England
7 Jul 2018 5:47PM
Reading up on the issue, you could try a different sd card or removing the lens before and after the battery removal.
However I think the issue is that the on/off switch needs replacing period.
Chris_L 5 5.2k United Kingdom
8 Jul 2018 2:38AM
Can you set an auto power off, so that it if you don't touch it for XX minutes it turns off? I run my cameras like that most of the time.
Harry5 1 1
1 Sep 2018 6:06PM
There are several posts about this on the web with potential fixes. What worked for me was going into the setup menu and turning off the WIFI. After downloading some images I noticed the on/off switch wasn’t working so it makes sense that the app or WIFI had locked the camera On. Hope this helps.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.