Email from Canon - YOUR CURRENT CPS STATEMENT

JackAllTog Plus
10 5.6k 58 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2019 11:16AM
I got an email today saying "YOU COULD HAVE xxx MORE POINTS" ....by completing all the fields in your product registrations"

I'm assuming Canon updated their web portal or merged with the consumer portal.
It does have all my Canon registered kit, but was missing country of purchase and store - adding these in then give me the extra canon points - i'm guessing these new fields mean a lot of other people suddenly lose acquired points, so will need to update their details.
As a part time/amateur photographer i don't this this is really aimed at me but am keen to record my purchases somewhere.

It also made me realise its now AGES since i upgraded my camera body four and a half years Sad
My Speedlite 430 EXII is almost 9 years old - gosh that's been good.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pink Plus
16 6.0k 7 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2019 12:27PM
Just had the email myself, it will double my points taking me to Platinum level.
Not sure what has changed I will have a nosey around tonight.
Also got some old kit, 2 lenses over 20 years old, my 500mm f4 cost me a kidney but due to its age earns me very few points
JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
14 Aug 2019 12:30PM
Not a Canon user but what can you do with these points ?

Is it like Sainsbury's Reward Points where you can trade ( money off a bill ) them in
JackAllTog Plus
14 Aug 2019 2:29PM
Hi Jeff, CPS (Canon Professional Services) points give you money off repair's, faster turnarounds, and even loan kit. But you need to keep spending on new kit to keep the benefits. I assume its well suited to studios and agencies as they need lots of kit and also need to keep it running.

It sees, of little benefit to regular consumers as they just won't spend enough to qualify. For me its a nice reminder of serial numbers and purchase dates.
Dave_Canon 13 1.5k United Kingdom
14 Aug 2019 2:55PM
I will check mine out sometime but not hopeful. Last time I bought a new camera and lens, I thought it would finally take me up a level but some of my older lenses and cameras now fail to qualify.

Dave
Dave_Canon 13 1.5k United Kingdom
14 Aug 2019 5:21PM
Now registered and although some of the older cameras and lenses have much lower points, the total now gets me to a silver membership so it may be worth bothering. I recently bought a Speedlight but they did not appear to include anything other than cameras and lenses.

Dave
JackAllTog Plus
14 Aug 2019 5:38PM

Quote:I recently bought a Speedlight but they did not appear to include anything other than cameras and lenses.

Dave

Mine offers 20 points for a speedlite 430 EX ii, and even 10 points for by relatively cheap but recent a4 printer - PIXMA TS5050, but not for my older printers.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.