English Heritage

JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
13 Mar 2016 9:58AM
Are any of you members of this organisation ?

Yearly membership appears to be quite reasonably priced so I am thinking of joining and wondered if you have any thoughts.

Reason being is, I have looking around for something different for places to visit / photograph and thought about signing up as there appears to be quite a few locations that I can get to for a day out, mainly in the Sussex / Kent area.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CTee 12 131 United Kingdom
13 Mar 2016 10:39AM
Hi, Yes I am a member and if you can get to the properties the annual membership is well worth!

Check however that you are not able to get access via another organisation e.g. I also belong to the CSSC and they give corporate membership which has changed this year to give access at some events as well. It cost me 3.20 a month I think includes another adult and kids as well!!

If I was in Kent like you it is a no brainer with all those castles.

Remember that photos taken on site are for personal use only, any commercial stuff requires permission and some places there are restrictions e.g. I know it isn't Kent way but you can't photography inside Osborne House or the Swiss Cottage or the Royal Collection at Osborne.

Just check out where you want to go.
JJGEE 14 7.5k 18 England
13 Mar 2016 11:03AM
Thanks CTee,

Once visited Carisbrooke Castle and surprised how relaxed they were about photography, even tripods were not an issue.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.