Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Eos 10D now available

4 Apr 2003 2:23PM
Thanks Wendy!

I'm going to get 2 x 512Mb compact flash cards and see how I go.

Mark
GoodbyeAll 18 348 1
4 Apr 2003 2:25PM
I don't think you'll regret buying the camera!
4 Apr 2003 3:43PM
I'll let you know how I get on.

Any tips that you can pass on? Stuff that you've found out during the last week?

Mark
GoodbyeAll 18 348 1
4 Apr 2003 4:09PM
I need more Canon lenses! I sold all my trad gear except for a 24-85 lens, which is fine except for the x1.6 which you get with the 10D (now 38-135ish). As for tips, Raw mode is much easier & more useable now thanks to the software (compared to my E-10). It is very fast in operation, to me, as fast as any 35mm SLR. There is an issue over in-camera sharpness and the fact that the standard sharpness isn't. This is possibly true - but not a bad thing as I have been bringing the shots up perfectly in PS7. As an old pro (if you see what I mean!) I'd have to say it is a quite remarkable photographic tool. Rather like the old Durst M605, The Nikon F2 & Sinar P, it is almost a perfect product and I think will become a classic - when digital SLR's came of age without costing millions. If I didn't like something about it I promise I WOULD say!

Right thats quite enough of me!

Wendy
Big Bri 19 16.7k United Kingdom
7 Apr 2003 1:10PM
Mark, I just got back from the North West members meet. I took 3 film cameras and 40 rolls of film, and the 10D. I took 2 shots on film. THe 10D handles like a dream. I will be posting some pics from it to the gallery soon.

Hint. If you are planning to use the self timer, read the manual before you leave it at home during a 2 day photo shoot.
10 Apr 2003 10:08AM
A quick update for you on my 10D experience...

First impressions are positive. I particularly like the way that I can take a photo, review it on screen and immediately see if the exposure is correct (via a histogram) and even which parts of the image are overexposed (they flash to indicate over-exposure).

Several times I've needed to re-shoot and use exposure compensation to prevent the highlights from "blowing-out". I can't remember ever doing this with my Canon EOS 300 film SLR.

The auto-focusing and shutter are very responsive; the camera seems more responsive and zippier than the EOS 300. In fact, the 10D feels just like an SLR with an LCD display on the back, which I guess is the point really.

Mark
13 Apr 2003 9:22PM
I spent most of the morning and early afternoon at the London Marathon, just down the road from Tower Bridge. I've posted a selection from the 100 or so frames that I took with the Canon 10D on my website, mainly using Al Servo mode and a large aperture of around F/4-5.6.

http://www.photographyblog.com

My not so funny story of the day was managing to grab 4 shots of Paula Radcliffe on her way to breaking the World Record yet again, only to realize afterwards that the aperture was inadvertently set at F/22, resulting in slight, let's say, "creative" blur...

Thanks,
Mark
GoodbyeAll 18 348 1
14 Apr 2003 6:44AM
Nice clean shots, what do you think of the 10D so far? What lens were you using? Does AL Servo work?

W
14 Apr 2003 8:18AM
Using a Tamrom 75-300mm lens, al servo mode worked very well and kept the runners in focus as they moved towards me. So far I'm very pleased with the 10D and glad that I took the plunge.

Mark
Fresch 18 6
17 Apr 2003 1:10PM
wow, 935 + 5% tax in Japan - I am going to Japan this summer. I think I'll buy mine over there Smile

Any Japanese who knows the best places to shop around for photographic equipment in Tokyo?
17 Apr 2003 7:22PM
If somebody will be to Brazil will be able to find the EOS 10d for just R$ 4637,55, approximately 952.

http://www.precomania.com/home_mostpop.php/ut=c2410e4507dc1d1b

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.