Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Eos Remote

frenchie44 11 334 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2017 10:54AM
I have been trying for 3 hours to download the Eos Remote control app from Google, I cannot see any way of downloading direct from Canon. when I click on "download" it tells me that I have no devices? I tried with my Android phone and an android tablet, Wifi is on. any one have any ideas to solve this problem.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Philh04 Plus
12 1.3k United Kingdom
5 Dec 2017 11:32AM
I have EOS remote installed on an Android Tablet, it has now been superseded by Camera Connect, have you tried the new app download.

If you still have trouble there are a few control apps out there.
Dave_Canon 11 1.3k United Kingdom
5 Dec 2017 3:46PM
I have installed Canon Connect on my Android Tablet (Hudl 1) and it works well with my EOS 4D4. Helicon Remote initially worked with my 5D4 but something changed and it stopped. Helicon did find a bug in their software and fixed it but I still cannot get back to controlling my 5D4 with Helicon. I need helicon to capture focus stacked sets which you cannot do with Canon Connect.

Dave
5 Dec 2017 5:55PM
Ok, thanks I will keep trying
StrayCat Plus
13 18.9k 3 Canada
5 Dec 2017 7:24PM
Is it the Canon EOS Utility you're trying to download?
StrayCat Plus
13 18.9k 3 Canada
5 Dec 2017 7:31PM
You may not have your devices registered with the Google store, maybe that's why they aren't recognised.
Cephus Plus
13 2.4k England
5 Dec 2017 8:26PM
I have just downloaded "cannon Camera Connect" to my android phone but I don't own a Cannon camera to register.
6 Dec 2017 12:27PM
I have spent an hour this morning trying to download canon remote and Canon connect, I was trying with the mobile phone and an android tablet. still telling me that I do not have any devices? I opened up my account with google play and that went ok, but I still have no devices according to google.
StrayCat Plus
13 18.9k 3 Canada
6 Dec 2017 6:04PM
Frenchie, I downloaded it to my ipad, and connected to the Canon 77D last night, took all of 5 minutes. Then I operated the camera, and downloaded images to the ipad. It all worked great, then I tried the same with the iphone, but it didn't work, maybe it was too late and I was half asleep.Tongue
Cephus Plus
13 2.4k England
7 Dec 2017 8:45AM
8 Dec 2017 7:55AM
thankyou for all you help. I will get there in the end

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.