Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Ephotozine branded clothing

15 May 2008 11:41PM
Any one any views on T shirts, sweatshirts, fleeces etc with the ephotozine logo embroidered, I for one wouldnt mind purchasing something like that as long as it was of reasonably good quality and didnt cost the earth. Any thoughts on this or has it been discussed before?
bangalicious 13 1.3k 5 England
15 May 2008 11:44PM
Make sure they have hoods. Then we can hang out in the local Bedford town centre when our cameras die of battery!

On a serious note though, i think it is a very good idea. Gives EPZ some free advertising, and we can wear the stuff during meets.

Anil.
Carabosse 18 41.6k 270 England
15 May 2008 11:45PM

Quote:T shirts, sweatshirts, fleeces etc with the ephotozine logo embroidered

I thought something like this already existed. Blowed if I can find it on the site though..........
uggyy 15 2.1k 9 Scotland
15 May 2008 11:46PM
Would be good if you could order them with your name too Wink
Lou_C 14 755 2 England
15 May 2008 11:46PM
Fluorescent vests with EPZ printed on the back would probably make everyone look like official photographers, and might alleviate suspicion from some quarters Grin
Carabosse 18 41.6k 270 England
15 May 2008 11:48PM
Maybe I was thinking of the lengthy 2005 thread here.
Anthony 19 5.6k 17 United Kingdom
15 May 2008 11:52PM
there were some t-shirts, not sure if there are any left tho.

Anthony
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
15 May 2008 11:59PM
I remember buying several black t shirts when they were selling them off.
The branded clothing wasn't very popular so it was dropped.
16 May 2008 12:02AM

Quote:Maybe I was thinking of the lengthy 2005 thread here.

What happened then, was it a non starter?
16 May 2008 12:08AM
What are the staffs views now considering the readership has increased somewhat...
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
16 May 2008 12:09AM
If I remember correctly the new stuff mentioned in the thread came in light colours rather than the old black t shirt with a sewn in logo.
It did appear in the shop for a while and then disappeared.
I assume it wasn't popular.
I think I have 4 or 5 black t shirts of the old design.
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
16 May 2008 12:19AM
We are considering creating a few branded items again. The t-shirts sold slowly because we only got a couple of sizes and did them in the early days when we had much lower membership. We sold them for £10 and had 100 made. We then teamed up with a brand supplier and had loads of clothing with a custom shop, it flopped because the items were more designer-style but were perceived to be too expensive.
We are thinking of doing some t-shirts again and baseball hats.
Tooth 16 5.8k 227 Ireland
16 May 2008 12:27AM
They had a slogan "don't be Rc with me" or something like that which was IMO a bad (not meaning good) pun and so incredibly esoteric I would have run a mile....plus it was all white.

I'd go for a plain simple but assertive logo in blacks, blues and grays

OK I'm getting in touch with my dark feminine side Smile
but I'm serious, was any market research done on the last designs? even the dreaded EPZ forum thread??

Stephen
16 May 2008 12:29AM

Quote:We are considering creating a few branded items again. The t-shirts sold slowly because we only got a couple of sizes and did them in the early days when we had much lower membership. We sold them for £10 and had 100 made. We then teamed up with a brand supplier and had loads of clothing with a custom shop, it flopped because the items were more designer-style but were perceived to be too expensive.
We are thinking of doing some t-shirts again and baseball hats.

Could I suggest a poll and maybe get a feel for what the readers would be in favour off on the lines of

What branded epz item would you prefer

1 . Fleece
2 . T shirts
3. Sweatshirts
4. Hats
5. Thong
etc etc.............

I for one wouldnt mind a nice fleece with the Ephotozine logo on left breast...
Simon_P 15 487 4 United Kingdom
16 May 2008 12:35AM

Quote:

I for one wouldnt mind a nice fleece with the Ephotozine logo on left breast...

Me too as long as itís not a bank buster, like some other site merchandise is.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.