Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Epson 2100 Media & Consumables

User_Removed 18 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2003 12:36PM
Hi Wendy

I did see your comment and meant to respond (but forgot).

I'll defintely try some of the Fuji paper. I haven't seen it on the 7Dayshop or MX2 websites but then again I haven't been looking for it so I'll have to do a price comparison around the usual places

Barrie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

wendy9 17 475 United Kingdom
13 Nov 2003 12:48PM
Barrie, no probs. 7dayshop definitely have it and it's the cheapest I've found. On A4 size they have an offer of free 20 pack with each 50 pack for 16.95 (Premium glossy or satin). A3 Premium Satin or Glossy is 16.95 (20 sheets). It says the A3 Satin is new and 'expecting first stocks' but when I ordered some yesterday to try, that was available, but the Olmec wasn't...as you know Grin
afromac 16 150
13 Nov 2003 2:27PM
Thanks Wendy - I'm getting more convinced as the minutes drift by :o)
stuartd 17 61
15 Nov 2003 4:32PM
I really like the prints from the 2100 onto Ilford Smooth Gloss and Pearl papers (just avoid Classic), and they're very well priced at 17.99 for 25 A3+ from 7dayshop.com.
marianne 18 30
20 Jan 2004 7:07PM
I thought I might add that I have the 2100, had it for about a year now and it is uch a wonderful printer...I like to use ilford printazia, fine art matt paper for special greetings cards 1 a sheet approx and ilford printazia, photo pearl paper for prints....don't get the glossy! It just doesn't dry! I made an expensive mistake with that one!

As for the ink, nobody has mentioned this place...
I always get my ink form them....they range in price from 8.99 to 9.99 per cartridge...they do take about a week to deliver though....come from Guernsey no less!
wizard1 16 1
21 Jan 2004 3:11AM
Hi
this is my first time entering this forum so please forgive me if I dredge up some matters that have already been discussed. I run my own retail photo lab and have been using an epson 1290 for copy work and printing digital files. I am now convinced that the 2100 is a logical upgrade but I will ask for advice regarding the papers that work well with this printer. My customers generally prefer the look and feel of full glossy prints and to this end I have been very satisfied with Konica QP. Can anyone say whether they have tried the QP on the 2100 ( I have read somewhere that Konica have made a profile available for the QP on the 2100 but I cant find it on the web site).
Is there any difference in the archival qualities of glossy v matte papers?

Mike S - ( a long suffering spurs supporter )

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.