Panasonic 'Nature' Competition - Win A LUMIX FZ1000 II!

EPSON Dirty Tricks - be warned!

dcash29 13 2.3k England
22 Aug 2007 5:50PM
Farne you have had bad cartridges. Ive got Canon printers and they work fine, exactly the same as the originals, no clogging.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat 15 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
22 Aug 2007 8:00PM
Most of the quality issues re non genuine cart's can be attributed to Printer profiling, This applies to the type of paper used as well.

If you use a third party ideally you should also use a custom or matched printer colour profile for the third party product ( Paper OR Ink )

This is not usually done by most, And accounts for most of the awfull results.....Smile

Printer profiling & colour management....Is the answer.
Farne 13 4 1 England
23 Aug 2007 7:19AM

Quote:Ive got Canon printers and they work fine, exactly the same as the originals, no clogging
dcash29, where do you get your inks and what type are they?

same question to cameracat.

Very interested in your replies, because even at 23% discount, cost is reasonably high.
mdpontin 15 6.0k Scotland
23 Aug 2007 11:23AM
I've never used third-party inks with my Epson, but that's primarily because I had set up a profile for the Epson inks and a specific brand of paper, and didn't want to have to set up a new one for the change of ink.

I'm sure there have been stories about a 'kill chip' in Epson printers before now, and I thought it was debunked. Can anyone remember?

Doug
IanFlindt 14 740 21 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2007 12:41PM
Admittedly the Epson cartridges are frighteningly expensive, the printers themselves are jaw-droppingly thirsty (at least my R2400 is...I swear the levels go down overnight!) and there seems to be a supply problem with the Epson inks (I've been waiting weeks now for the delivery of light black inks to Warehouse Express). But I just wouldn't want to risk using non-Epson inks. Perhaps they would work as well, but perhaps they wouldn't....but I'd rather not find out!
Little Jo Plus
17 2.3k United Kingdom
23 Aug 2007 2:26PM
Buying ink from High Street retailers or WE is expensive, my inks for the 9500 are 10.95 from WE. From Guernsey they are 7.25 for the genuine Canon inks and there are several suppliers including Lambd-tek.com who do them for a similar price. Also try Valueshop.co.uk.

Jo
thewaiter 17 1.2k 9 England
24 Aug 2007 6:41PM

Quote: there seems to be a supply problem with the Epson inks (I've been waiting weeks now for the delivery of light black inks to Warehouse Express).

I ordered black,light black and light light black at the start of the week and they turned up on thursday ?

Kevin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.