Affinity Photo - professional photo editing with 50% off!

Epson r1900 or canon pixma pro 9000

16 Nov 2009 10:28PM
I was pretty sure I'd like to upgrade from my Epson 1290 to the R1900, but have seen mixed reviews. Many seem to favour the Canon 9000 and 9500 models. This is a lot of money to shel out so if anyone can help with the choice I'd be really grateful. I'd also like to use a CIS sytem with the printer I buy if that makes any difference to recommendations. Thanks

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mattw 15 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2009 10:38PM
I run the 1900, and I have been very happy with it so far. The prints look great, and the first set of ink cartridges have lasted well so far. It also supports roll media, which the Canon printers do not.

Some of the early 1900 models had some print quality problems (which caused the mixed revierws), but I understand that these problems have now been fixed (never noticed any problems with my prints).
cameracat 15 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
17 Nov 2009 1:14AM
I think it all hinges on the thorny issue of nozzle blockages....Sad

Epson seem to have been plagued with this for some time.

If they have cured it, Fine and good, But have they....?

Personally my experience with Epson printers has led me to Canon, Been a happy bunny ever since...Wink

As for CIS systems, Fotospeed are pretty good to deal with, You get free profiles if you use thier ink & paper, However If your printing that much stuff, You may be wiser using an online printer...Wink
18 Nov 2009 9:51AM
Thanks for that. I've looked at the thread about reliability too and think I'm going to go with the Canon 9500 because the nozzles can be easily changed if they get blocked. Hopefully I'll be posting soon to say how brilliant it isSmile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.