Get 50% off Adobe CC Photography plan with any X-Rite ColorChecker Photo product!

epz comes with a crank-handle?

G73photography 13 417 15 United Kingdom
29 May 2008 7:26PM
ive noticed that since the latest epz upgrade, the site isnt very consistent, im getting lots of "page cannot be displayed" errors, and its very frustrating when your trying to upload an image , you have to wait for the green bar to think about what its doing, then... if your lucky, your pic will be uploaded, bit of a pain having to keep inputting the info into the boxes, my last pic took 3 attempts, anyone know whats going on with the site, and before anyone says... its not just my pc nor my account,

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
29 May 2008 7:33PM
Are you on AOL by any chance?
Nick_w 12 4.3k 99 England
29 May 2008 7:36PM
It runs well for me on both Firefox (home) and IE (work) tho a bit hit and miss on the Blackberry.
29 May 2008 7:43PM
im on AO helL, its fine with anything else, facebook, hotmail, myspace etc. just epz giving the problems,

edit, I use IE (vista) but never touch the aol browser
lobsterboy Plus
29 May 2008 8:12PM
We had a lot of problems last night and it seemed to be only AOL users getting the problem.
MikeRC 14 3.6k United Kingdom
29 May 2008 8:49PM

Quote:Are you on AOL by any chance?Quote this post

Quote:We had a lot of problems last night and it seemed to be only AOL users getting the problem

...just to clarify...I'm with AOL and i've never had problems with EPZ or AOL.

....Mike
29 May 2008 9:19PM

Quote:just to clarify...I'm with AOL and i've never had problems with EPZ or AOL.

....Mike

lucky you , the site people need to pull their fingers out as its only been like this since the last upgrade of epz. i dont have any issues with any other sites so it has to be something to do with epz,
lobsterboy Plus
29 May 2008 9:27PM

Quote:ts only been like this since the last upgrade of epz.

Which upgrade?
29 May 2008 9:33PM
the last one, prob about a month ago,
lobsterboy Plus
29 May 2008 9:49PM
I assume that was the move to new servers in the UK (from the US) - could be some sort of network issue. I'll flag this thread for the technical chaps..see if they can help.
davidburleson 13 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
30 May 2008 9:09AM
Hi Grainge,

Can you submit a report along with a traceroute (when the problem occurs). This will allow us to capture important info about your computer that will help us resolve the problem quicker.

Best Regards,
David
karl 16 654 United Kingdom
31 May 2008 1:18PM
Whenever I've seen a report from a user on AOL/TalkTalk/CPW, with a traceroute, the problem has always quite obviously been within the AOL/TalkTalk/CPW network - with jitter all over the place, in many cases with 1st (the users router), 2nd or 3rd hop RTT times varying from 30-300ms on the 3 attempts a standard traceroute makes, which is going to lead to very variable performance, whilst TCP can cope with packets being lost or arriving in the wrong order, it doesn't really like it. Earlier in the year CPW/AOL cut off several content providers without even noticing it and being very slow to fix it, there was quite a discussion on an industry forum about it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.