EPZ v 500px

SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
23 Dec 2013 2:03PM
I fall at point 1. No-one I know's even vaguely interested in photography. I'll just stick around here. Sad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

colin beeley Plus
16 1.2k 10 England
23 Dec 2013 2:57PM
nor am i , i just like looking cool with the latest camera & L lens around my neck when out Wink
ade_mcfade 15 15.2k 216 England
23 Dec 2013 3:53PM
you are mistaking social media for a photography website still

photos do appear on there, but it's really just somewhere people "interact" in whatever way they choose.
backbeat Plus
13 134 1 United Kingdom
23 Dec 2013 9:16PM
Interesting....my initial question was just about the functionality of both sites regarding viewing the galleries on tablets, but some of the points raised have made me ponder on which site I actually prefer and why..

Ok, the images on 500px when viewed on a retina display do look amazing...I know many are processed up to the hilt, but hey, I'm guilty if that myself most of the time. I do enjoy browsing through, but sometimes it gets a bit much as most are such a good standard (in my opinion anyway) that it's almost overkill if you know what I mean.

EPZ has the opposite issue I think...as the main gallery is open to everyone and of all standards, the quality of photography generally is not as high ( including mine!), that's generally of course,there are still loads of excellent inspirational images to be found. But, I have to agree with Keith in that it's totally non elitist, anyone can post, vote and comment, and if they want to be part of a click clique and give and receive loads of votes on photos that perhaps aren't the best quality, then so be it...what's wrong with that really? I think anyone that has a 'connections' list has some kind of click clique, including myself.

So it has to be good ole EPZ for me...aww, I feel all soppy and Christmassy now, I knew I shouldn't have started on the JD so early...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.