ePz Exclusive: Save 10% On Eversure Camera Insurance

Ev compensation ring Nikon FE

Laci 1
12 Jun 2019 8:53PM
Hi all,

Iíve purchased a Nikon FE in mint condition. Everything works fine but when I adjust the EV compensation ring and twisting it to minus to meter lever goes up and the same is true of course when it is on plus the lever goes down. I thought that it should be just the other way around, so when the ring goes to minus the lever also should because it needs more light or the light is way too much. I havenít checked any of the pictures yet and Iím wondering if any of you met the same thing or should it be like that though is totaly illogical.
Thanks for reading!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Laci 1
12 Jun 2019 9:34PM
So just to add a few more lines to the aforementioned: for me now it seems like if the comp ring goes to minus it decreases darkness and if itís in plus it adds darkness. Letís say Iíd like to shoot the speed of 250 and the meter lever is below of it. If I turn the comp ring to minus it goes towards 250 but if I turn it to plus it goes further to lower speeds. I thought that if I turn it to plus the lever should go upper because I added more light sensitivity so I can use higher speed and if I turn it to minus the lever should go down because it not as light sensitive so Iíve to balance it with slower shutter speed.
Tianshi_angie 4 2.6k England
13 Jun 2019 9:58AM
There is an owner's manual with detailed instructions here

http://www.cameramanuals.org/nikon_pdf/nikon_fe.pdf

It needs someone to either have this camera or to have used one in the past to be able to help you and that may not be very likely.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.