Change gear with our partner, MPB

Event Insurance

lobsterboy Plus
17 15.0k 13 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2010 1:31PM
A venue I exhibit at is now demanding 5m Public Liability Insurance.
Does anyone have any recommendations of companies that provide this sort of thing?

Thanks
Chris
Henchard 16 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2010 1:40PM
If it's photography related you can include Public liability insurance within your cover with companies like Aaduki.

If it's a one off specific exhibition (like when i exhibited at the NEC) the organisers will often have an insurer who will just insure for the specific period of the event.
lobsterboy Plus
3 Feb 2010 1:57PM
Thanks, useful info but...

Quote:Public liability insurance within your cover with companies like Aaduki.

I didn't really want to go that route as it is only for a one off exhibition.

Quote:If it's a one off specific exhibition (like when i exhibited at the NEC) the organisers will often have an insurer who will just insure for the specific period of the event.

Unfortunately they don't.
Hazelmouse 15 379 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2010 2:09PM
Some years ago I insured a one off textiles exhibition with the NFU.
bulldozer 15 100 England
3 Feb 2010 2:49PM
If you want 5 million Public and Product Liability cover you could have a look at becoming a member of the Artists Interaction and Representation organisation for 28 assuming you pay by direct debit and aren't fussed about receiving their magazine in the post. They provide public liability cover for artists and their activites, including photographers.

You can see policy wording etc on the website to make sure you're happy it covers you for what you need.

It's suited my needs for the year and I'll probably be renewing when the time comes.

Hope that helps.
John
KevinGoodchild 20 1.2k 9 England
3 Feb 2010 3:28PM
I paid over 100 via Aaduki for a month long exhibiton a year ago Sad so the AIR link is particulary interest, thank for the heads up...
lobsterboy Plus
3 Feb 2010 3:42PM
Yes inded - that is really useful to know John.
Thanks.
rhody 19 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2010 4:02PM

Quote:

You can see policy wording etc on the website to make sure you're happy it covers you for what you need.

Great link John - thank you.

Checking the policy wording is a must because it's level of cover may not suit everyone.
photostoreuk 13 83
3 Feb 2010 10:10PM
i use liability guard for mine very good and pay monthly but i do a lot of shows, works out about 70 over the year, for a one off event you could try direct line business or norwich union, you may find it cheaper to get covered for the year then where ever you sell your work you will be covered,
LauraVest 15 33 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2010 4:56PM
Thank you millions Bulldozer!

I just took out the Public Liability insurance cover with 'Artists Interaction and Representation' - it covers everything I need. Its actually a magazine I often pick up for a quick read when I'm at the train station so I won't mid at all having it sent to me too. Was slightly bowled over to see they are actually based in my home town of Newcastle too - its a small world!

Thanks again.

Laura

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.