90% Off inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate Software Bundle

Ever get a 500mm prime lens and wish you had rather bought the 300 mm f2.8 with a 2x extender?

justin c 17 5.1k 36 England
31 May 2013 4:17PM
Some branches of London Camera Exchange (i.e. Southampton Civic Centre) used to rent out lenses such as the 500mm f4. They would deduct the hire charge if you decided to purchase one. I don't know if they still do but it's an option worth considering.
arhb 13 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
31 May 2013 4:34PM

Quote:Some branches of London Camera Exchange (i.e. Southampton Civic Centre) used to rent out lenses such as the 500mm f4. They would deduct the hire charge if you decided to purchase one. I don't know if they still do but it's an option worth considering.

I've had this offer from the Guildford branch, although I haven't taken them up on the offer yet.
hcbph 7 7
5 Jun 2013 3:01PM
I've read a number of people speak highly of the Sigma 50-500mm zoom for bird and landscapes. Don't know if that's on your list or not but might be worth checking out if applicable.
suejoh Plus
16 257 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2013 8:53AM
Have bought the 500 lens. Very very heavy in its case. They took it out of its box for me as i could not manage it in the box. Carrying the case was hard work enough. I was very hot by the time i got it back to the car.
Could not hire this lens from lce but you could hire from various others. You hire for a few days and it is sent back and forth by courier.
Anyway will be practising this weekend. Took some pics in the garden - they looked better than with my 100 to 400 but it was a sunny day and I rested it on a cushion on my knee.
Thanks everyone
7 Jun 2013 9:56PM
Gratz of your new purchase Sue I hope it will get you more addicted to wildlife Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.