Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Ever have a time of being totally

Tutterzzz 14 160 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2007 9:22PM
The past 2 weeks I've been feeling tottaly un-creative and un-inspired, with absolutely everything, not just photography, but that mainly, I feel like everything I take a photo of is tottaly lacking in everything I aspire to create, and feel I can do way better even though people around me are claiming its good what I've produced

Even in photoshop, I cant pull anything off anymore, it just doesent seem "right", doesent seem to quite fit if you understand me

and It's really starting to frustrate me!

Anyone else have times like these? right now I feel like I'm the only one after looking through the gallery
SimyD 16 143 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2007 9:44PM
Have a break, have a Kit Kat. Smile

Simon
starliz 17 1.6k 3 England
4 Jun 2007 9:45PM
Well if it makes you feel any better I have just come back from Aberdeen went to Inverness and the Black Isle camera in tow,took 600+ shots came back with maybe a handful that I liked not one that I was chuffed with Sad

of course it adds insult to injury having a lookie here and seeing the brilliant shots that some take..

well now you have reminded me of my lack of skill I`m off to find a corner to rock in lol

Seriously it will pass Smile
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
4 Jun 2007 10:32PM

Quote:Anyone else have times like these?

Oh yes.

Simon and Elizabeth have some good advice.

Basically - take a break. It will come together...

Smile
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
4 Jun 2007 11:28PM
Yer not alone, Happens to me all the time, Sometimes I think that the inspiration is really just a blip, And that the blank periods are the norm (( haha take a look at my pics You'll see what I mean, AAAaaargh Sad )).

But seriously the advise you have has is good, Try and not be so hard on yourself, Sometimes just piling the pressure on to achieve acts like a shutter, The harder you try the worse it gets.

Back off, Chill out, Go for a walk, And things will become clearer, Just don't make it such a big deal.

Inspiration will come just when your least expecting it.

Good luck & take it easy Smile
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
4 Jun 2007 11:30PM
Try some LSD, the world will be a very different place for around 8 hours (apparently)
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
4 Jun 2007 11:38PM
Ah! Ade has discovered my secret Smile
ade_mcfade 17 15.2k 216 England
4 Jun 2007 11:44PM
Blown your cover
Smile

If Pet Sounds and Sgt Peppers were the result of the stuff, then there must be something in there that aids creativity.

Though I'm sure what you see is nothing like what the camera captures.... like the living room full of monacled carp drinking cups of tea
pcheywood 16 1.3k England
5 Jun 2007 12:30AM

Quote:Though I'm sure what you see is nothing like what the camera captures.... like the living room full of monacled carp drinking cups of tea

That's because you can never find a firm enough piece of ground to hold your tripod steady, and being that your arms are liquorice straws, supporting the L lens is an impossible task, and those dancing curtains are suddenly more interesting anyway. Wink

Paul.
Carabosse 18 41.6k 270 England
5 Jun 2007 1:03AM

Quote:Anyone else have times like these?

Pretty well everyone who has gone beyond the snapshooting stage feels like this from time to time, Nick!

However, at your age the world is your lobster as they say! Give photography a rest and try other things for a while! Smile
dougv 17 8.4k 3 England
5 Jun 2007 1:49AM
Hi Nick.
You have reached a plateau and it could be you will be there for either a short time or a long time.
It's the way of things.
Try a break from all things photographic for awhile.

I remember many years ago when I was learning morse code.
The most frustrating thing I have ever encountered in my life.
You'd be zipping along nicely learning and getting faster at receiving all those dots and dashes until you suddenly couldn't get any better.
A few weeks later and you were away again.
Until the next time... Sad
joolsb 16 27.1k 38 Switzerland
5 Jun 2007 11:28AM
It's a common problem. Even well known pros suffer from it:

Link

(scroll down to the entry for 30th April)
Kris_Dutson 18 8.2k 1 England
5 Jun 2007 12:00PM
We all suffer from it.

I'm lucky enough to live in the middle of some beautiful countryside, and yet sometimes I can't see for looking.

Try something different.

I set myself a challenge to see if I could get something out of a daytrip with the family to a Swannery. I was determined to see if I could set a Swan in it's environment, combine it with a ladscape in camera, rather than just do the usual close up and I reckon I succeeded, which has perked up my inspiration.
MeanGreeny 15 3.7k England
5 Jun 2007 1:07PM

Quote:like the living room full of monacled carp drinking cups of tea

I hate it when that happens. Oh, the stains!
keithh 17 25.8k 33 Wallis And Futuna
5 Jun 2007 1:12PM
LMAO!!!!

Quip of the Week!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.