GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Excellent Calibration Software: Available Free

Chris_L 5 5.2k United Kingdom
4 Sep 2018 11:23PM
It hasn't been developed by a software company. It's a thing that's been popular for years with computer types called "Open Source Software". You might not have heard of it and think that all software is developed by companies.

Some other examples of free open source software are a browser called Firefox, popular web server software called Apache as well as MySQL, Linux and Wordpress.

Some free company developed software that also seems good at the job include things like the professional's favorite color grading software Davinci Resolve, the Chrome web browser and the Apple Macintosh OSX operating system.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 14 7.6k 18 England
5 Sep 2018 8:01AM

Quote: "Open Source Software......".

Thanks, heard of Firefox & Linux but just assumed they were big companies, but not as large as Adobe, say.

As for Apache, thought that was a soundtrack from The Shadows Wink
5 Sep 2018 8:19AM
The best version of the tune is by the Incredible Bongo Band. Apache is not only free it is by far the most popular. BTW things like GIMP are open source too.

Philh04 Plus
14 2.1k United Kingdom
5 Sep 2018 8:31AM

Quote:Anyway thanks for your input of "That sounds more like you were doing something not quite right..." and "to be honest if colour fidelity was the aim it is probably best not to work visually. DisplayCal simply provided a more consistent profile for both devices", forgive me if I take no notice of you.

That is of course your perogative... One day you may come to realise that some one may, just may know more about something than you do, but I guess that may be a long time coming.
5 Sep 2018 4:37PM
That's your prerogative Phil, cheers! Smile
Philh04 Plus
14 2.1k United Kingdom
5 Sep 2018 5:07PM

Quote:That's your prerogative Phil, cheers! Smile

So I missed an 'r' Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.