Exciting Changes to the 1 Hour Challenge

davidburleson 13 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2007 4:58PM
Hi everyone

Firstly, congrats to Glynn on winning Monday's 1 Hour Challenge.

There are some changes to the 1 Hour Challenge. We have started integrating it into ePHOTOzine to become a bigger part of the site. These changes include a new option on the upload page that will appear for the winner of the previous challenge. You will now have the option to tick as a 1 Hour Challenge Photo. Only tick this when you are uploading the photo for the challenge at the challenge time. You will still need to tick the Modification button as well.

By doing this, a blue box will display above the photo description stating that the photo is a 1 Hour Challenge and then some information about the prizes the winner of the challenge can win. Yes, you heard correctly, we now have prizes for the 1 Hour Challenge.

Another change is that the judging will now be made by the editorial team here at ePHOTOzine.

As usual, the previous winner will still be allowed to pick the topic.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

catnappin 13 666 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2007 5:22PM

Quote:Another change is that the judging will now be made by the editorial team here at ePHOTOzine.
Sad
SuziBlue 17 16.2k 10 Scotland
23 Aug 2007 5:25PM

Quote:Another change is that the judging will now be made by the editorial team here at ePHOTOzine.

[whimper]
Oh well, that's my entries up the Swannee Wink
[/whimper]
JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
23 Aug 2007 5:40PM

Although I cannot participate I am a regular viewer of this and quite like the banter that takes place.

Part of the appeal, I feel, is that it is a bit of fun and the "judging" by the member who set the subject.

By formalising it with prizes and leaving the judging to the "EDITORIAL TEAM" is a real backward step.
Sad Sad Sad Sad
dougv 16 8.4k 3 England
23 Aug 2007 5:45PM
Maybe, maybe not.
We can but see.
It is meant to be a fun challenge, and the Editorial Team can be just as funny as anyone.
Some perhaps more so.
Wink
lobsterboy Plus
16 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2007 6:13PM

Quote:leaving the judging to the "EDITORIAL TEAM" is a real backward step.

To be honest, that was my reaction too - if you want images judged by the Editorial team you put them in the main gallery don't you?
SuziBlue 17 16.2k 10 Scotland
23 Aug 2007 6:15PM
Being serious for a moment (but JUST a moment, as there is only limited time in my busy schedule to be serious .. Wink), JJ has said what I'm feeling. That's part of the attraction of the Monday challenge, that the judging is done by the person who sets the challenge and yes, there's plenty of fun banter which goes along with that. And wouldn't the judging being done by the epz team raise the bar when there isn't one currently in place - it's meant to be a fun thing.

Or maybe we should set up the Alternative Monday Challenge Wink a bit like the Edinburgh Fringe but without the advertising .. lol
23 Aug 2007 6:28PM
No point me playing anymore ... winners will just be well known nicks getting yet more prizes. sorry ....
NickParry 14 1.0k 79 Wales
23 Aug 2007 6:44PM
I agree about the fact that the 'setter' of the challenge should be the judge. It is supposed to be fun, and I liked the way it ran.

Nick
stevekhart 14 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2007 7:23PM
If the setter isn't judging, does that mean they can take part?
pennyspike 17 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2007 7:26PM
Can I ask about the rationale for the change?
It has been getting quite a following and having a different judge every week is all part of the fun.
I can only rarely participate but I always follow up the action and smile along with the rest of you.
23 Aug 2007 7:32PM

Quote:Can I ask about the rationale for the change?
I suspect it might be because there will now be prizes??
23 Aug 2007 7:35PM
remove the prizes and just let the fun continue ????
pennyspike 17 2.1k 29 United Kingdom
23 Aug 2007 7:35PM
Wasn't the one month E2 membership enough?
23 Aug 2007 7:40PM
Please let the setter judge ... its part of the prize

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.