Save 50% on Affinity software including Affinity Photo and Publisher! Use Code: AFFINITY-EPZ22

Explanation of the dubious service to your customers

I would like to know when the paying customers will have some sort of explanation for the outage of the system every weekend.

It goes down for hours and we seem to be expected to just except the fact, not good enough Pete.

Tell us what is going wrong or I for one will be moving on.
You as Editor must bear the responsability to your customers, it's no good saying you'er all busy.

The Swiss Army Knife has lost a couple of blades lately.
Dougie
Pete 21 18.8k 97 England
7 Oct 2007 7:56PM
I explain in the forums what's gone wrong whenever we get a problem.
If anyone thinks I sit her thinking whoppee the site's slow again...think again. If I had any more hair to lose I would have lost it.
I want the site to run super fast...and it did all week. Sadly the ghost returned again today.
Boyd 18 11.2k 11 Wales
7 Oct 2007 7:56PM
Keep cool, daddio.
Pete 21 18.8k 97 England
7 Oct 2007 8:00PM
Thanks Boyd.
Today's problem appears to be partly because of a new measuring tool we installed. It's been fine all week but typically it decides to go down today.
The forums are great, if you can't log in they are useless as a means of communication, surely that has to be to clear.
Boyd 18 11.2k 11 Wales
7 Oct 2007 8:02PM
Don't worry Pete - you're probably still 5'2" even without measuring yourself today.
Wink
People only complain when they care.
tomcat 16 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2007 8:05PM

Quote:Today's problem appears to be partly because of a new measuring tool we installed

This explains everything Smile see here
paulcr 17 1.5k 9 Ireland
7 Oct 2007 8:06PM
GO watch the match .. Smile Come on Scotland.
Paul
So why don't changes run in the background until tested properly instead of messing around the paying customers?
ZenTog 20 7.9k 1 England
7 Oct 2007 8:07PM
just send him 12p the daily cost back Pete in used postage stamps ,
we all care about the site thats why we here so often , too often her in doors often says
if its slow now and again so what its still ten times better than any other photography site
Badger 19 4.7k 20 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2007 8:13PM
How many businesses would give you a reply on a web forum within 6 minutes of raising a question.

Personally, I would either have added this to the existing thread , or emailed Pete directly. But that's just my opinion.

You know, you could always have gone out taking pictures today... Wink
Pete 21 18.8k 97 England
7 Oct 2007 8:15PM

Quote:So why don't changes run in the background until tested properly instead of messing around the paying customers?

All been explained before...we do test, but unless someone knows any different I can't see a way to test in a live situation without it being live. When we go live we are in front of around 18-22k visitors per day.
So we test, then we launch. If it works fully we keep it up. If it doesn't work we remove straight away. The tool we added Monday was working fine. It's now started to break so we've removed it.

Quote:Just send him 12p the daily cost back
8p per day, actually Wink

I know you want 100% quality, and so do we
Cowbags 17 436 England
7 Oct 2007 8:16PM
Yes I agree it can be annoying when the site doesn't work as well as it should, but I am 100% certain that Pete and his team are doing their best to sort out the problems as quickly as possible.

If Pete doesn't want his site to work properly and efficiently then he may as well go and get a job collecting trolleys in Tescos, or any other fine supermarket (Hey, I don't want to get accused of advertising in the forums)!!

Why do some people moan so much? Actually I haven't got room to talk, but I don't do my moaning in forums!!
theorderingone 18 2.4k
7 Oct 2007 8:16PM
For a moment, I thought this thread was asking why the dubious survive? Tongue

I see that's been corrected now... back in my box!
How many businesses would leave you without the means of contact fo all these hours???

Smarty pants MAggie si x minutes after I could log on, please pat=y attention

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.