Amazon Prime Day 2022 Coming Soon!

Explanation of the dubious service to your customers

Pete 21 18.8k 97 England
7 Oct 2007 9:48PM
I agree it would seem like a good time to lock the thread and move on to pleasant things, like looking at photos, uploading photos, helping people in the forums or chill with the pills.
...but I don't want to upset the "angry when threads get locked" brigade. So maybe you can just refrain from posting in this one and let it settle down with a nice cup of Horlicks.
THE END
Camairish 16 1.4k Scotland
7 Oct 2007 9:51PM
and a hobnob.
jazzygf 18 537 Scotland
7 Oct 2007 10:04PM
Pete does tonns for this site & it's members paying of not, even stuff he does not have to do. We all love the site and yes problems do happen, it is an unfair world the brown stuff happens deal with it. The site runs slow for today okay there are 364 other days it should run smooth. If Pete and the other back room staff did not try new stuff to upgrade the site, it would be not as good a site as WE all know it is. So give Pete and the others a little bit of slack guys, it could be worse we could all be on flickr. LOL
kokobrown 18 1.9k Scotland
7 Oct 2007 10:17PM
Ive got a confession to make........

When I had E2 my membership didnt run out on the day it was meant to...i got a few extra weeks and I said NOWT...tut tut...

WELL!! I was a skint student...but now Im earning a fortune I might consider it...especially with all this talk of extended days etc!

Keep up the good work on the site..yeah its annoying when it goes down but as long as ive got photoshop to tinker on ill keep myself sane!

Laura xx
jazzygf 18 537 Scotland
7 Oct 2007 10:23PM

Quote:Ive got a confession to make........

When I had E2 my membership didnt run out on the day it was meant to...i got a few extra weeks and I said NOWT...tut tut...

WELL!! I was a skint student...but now Im earning a fortune I might consider it...especially with all this talk of extended days etc!

Keep up the good work on the site..yeah its annoying when it goes down but as long as ive got photoshop to tinker on ill keep myself sane!

Laura xx

And to think they say us scots are tight fisted penny pinchers. Where do they get this idea from LOL.
p3asa 16 676 Scotland
7 Oct 2007 10:29PM
Pete what about a service status page that is hosted at a different site.

It looks like most folks frustration is borne out of thinking it is going slow / is down and nothing is being done about it.

A service status page that maybe has something along the lines of "Site running at 80% speed as of 21:20. Engineers have identified the problem and expect it to be back to 100% as of 22:30"

This might be enough to appease the restless natives Wink

I'm with Plusnet and it has had one or two major problems but the reason I and others haven't left (I think) is due to their honesty. They hold their hands up and tell you what exactly has happened whereas other ISP's just say "Nothing to do with us"

Steven.
miptog 16 3.6k 68 United Kingdom
7 Oct 2007 10:33PM

Quote:Pete what about a service status page that is hosted at a different site.

It looks like most folks frustration is borne out of thinking it is going slow / is down and nothing is being done about it.

A service status page that maybe has something along the lines of "Site running at 80% speed as of 21:20. Engineers have identified the problem and expect it to be back to 100% as of 22:30"

Great idea, and seconded. Just place it on this site.
csurry 20 9.2k 92
7 Oct 2007 10:46PM
Hey the site was down, so I did what all right thinking people would do and went to the bar and was bought a pint by Cole!

And I don't even drink that much normally!

If the happy pills aren't working I know where Cole and his wallet are...

but unfortunately the bar is now closed Sad
8 Oct 2007 12:24AM

Quote:Pete does tonns for this site & it's members paying of not, even stuff he does not have to do. We all love the site and yes problems do happen, it is an unfair world the brown stuff happens deal with it. The site runs slow for today okay there are 364 other days it should run smooth. If Pete and the other back room staff did not try new stuff to upgrade the site, it would be not as good a site as WE all know it is. So give Pete and the others a little bit of slack guys, it could be worse we could all be on flickr.

Abso....ing lutely agree...I feel this is more of a 'family' site and s**t happens..just chill out and wait till it's sorted, which happens as fast as the backroom-boys can sort it I'm sure...
Kevin.
Carabosse Plus
19 42.4k 270 England
8 Oct 2007 12:35AM
I'm almost glad when the site is down - stops me spending so much time on it! Wink

There are always other things to do - like photography....... or even getting a life!!

Incidentally, let's get it right shall we? Nobody is a "paying member". Membership is free. If you choose to pay for the extra features that e2 provides that is entirely your option.
deviant 18 3.1k 1 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2007 12:42AM
As a hopefully helpful note for Pete (if he's still on this thread) there is a product called 'Loadrunner' which will fake load on servers (including huge web traffic) we use it to test changes to servers/software outside live environs before we make said changes in a live system. It can and does help catch bugs like the one that may have got you this time.
jakabout 17 1.7k 1 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2007 1:18AM
Ask a mod to make this thread a sticky Smile Pete'll see it then Wink
Boyd 18 11.2k 11 Wales
8 Oct 2007 6:36AM

Quote:If the happy pills aren't working I know where Cole and his wallet are...

Do I spy the fresh young shoots of love blossoming?
csurry 20 9.2k 92
8 Oct 2007 7:18AM

Quote:Quote:If the happy pills aren't working I know where Cole and his wallet are...Do I spy the fresh young shoots of love blossoming?

Nah he just part of a dastardly photographic experiment that I am conducting today - hee, hee, hee

Insert mad manic laughter here

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.