Save 40% On inPixio Photo Studio 12 - Now 29.99

Explanation of the dubious service to your customers

CaptivePhotons 19 1.7k 2 England
8 Oct 2007 7:45AM

Quote:One other thing I have never mentioned, David and I both get txt messages if the server goes down while we are off site. So we can get back and fix it.

If you give us your number Pete, we can also let you know when there's a problem. Smile
Pete 21 18.8k 97 England
8 Oct 2007 8:33AM

Quote:there is a product called 'Loadrunner' which will fake load on servers (including huge web traffic)

Thanks, is that this product ? If so it appears to only cater for 500 virtual users! We would need to test for around 1500 which has been our max on line at any one time. Also would it do complex filtered searches? Which is what was has been the cause of most of the problems until now.

Quote:If you give us your number Pete, we can also let you know when there's a problem.

lol I can imagine it now...2:00am: "err Pete hi it's user xxxx I uploaded two pics and it won't let me upload again, can you fix it for me."
Brom 17 804 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2007 10:14AM
cb i gotta disagree, there are paying customers on this site. If someone pays extra to get a set amount of services then they do deserve to get them. Whilst this place does have a friendly family feel which is great, never that it is a business. If someone has paid for something then they are entitled to receive it. Smile
Pete 21 18.8k 97 England
8 Oct 2007 10:47AM

Quote:If someone pays extra to get a set amount of services then they do deserve to get them.

And I agree - it's 8p worth of service and we have extended membership by a day to cover the loss.

BTW the service doesn't cover personal support, but we don't ask for extra for that. I wonder how many hours we've spent, let alone the time the moderators have devoted, responding to personal emails, PM's and site issues...add that up at a typical support line cost and you'd collectively owe us thousands Wink
culturedcanvas 16 4.7k 59 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2007 10:51AM

Quote:let alone the time the moderators have devoted, responding to personal emails, PM's and site issues...add that up at a typical support line cost and you'd collectively owe us thousands

Or the amount of time members have spent responding to other members answering their questions, helping them with colour profiling, or providing details on how to do photoshop editing.

Add in the cost of professional consultancy from a good number of the members and the site might owe them thousands ... :-P
samfurlong 16 2.5k United Kingdom
8 Oct 2007 10:52AM
Wow stop moaning you lot, if the worst that happens to you is the occasional server outage keeps you off epz for a few hours you've got it pretty good!!
Computers being what they are, not even the most highly trained, crack team of techies will keep a system running perfectly 24/7! Epz doesn't go down that often and it's not usually for very long. Use the time to take some pictures or keep the wife / husband / girlfriend / boyfriend happy if you really have nothing else to do!
8 Oct 2007 10:54AM

Quote:or keep the wife / husband / girlfriend / boyfriend happy if you really have nothing else to do!

Are you telling us you are a bi-sexual bigamist adulterer here then ??

Wink
lobsterboy Plus
18 15.0k 13 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2007 10:55AM

Quote:a bi-sexual bigamist adulterer

Blimey - if I was one of those I recon even I could get date Smile
Pete 21 18.8k 97 England
8 Oct 2007 10:57AM

Quote:Add in the cost of professional consultancy from a good number of the members and the site might owe them thousands ...

True, so there's gonna be a lot of money flying backwards and forwards... lol
Maybe it's time to crack open the EC fund...can anyone remember which telephone box it's all stashed in...Cheryl?
8 Oct 2007 11:00AM
Sounds like it ... I'm sure most would settle for a pint on EPZ behalf tho Wink
strawman 18 22.2k 16 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2007 11:06AM
Generous offer Dan, send mine to the Red Lion for two weeks time please.

Not allowed booze for 2 weeks :-(
Kris_Dutson 19 8.2k 1 England
8 Oct 2007 3:39PM
Put my 8p in the late night pizza fund. Smile
conrad 17 10.9k 116
8 Oct 2007 4:43PM
Phew, just read the whole thread. Emotions do run high in circles of addicts who temporarily can't get their shot of EPZ, don't they! Must be a big compliment, really, Pete... Wink
MeanGreeny 16 3.7k England
8 Oct 2007 6:18PM

Quote:Not allowed booze for 2 weeks :-(

Ah, decided to get something prescribed for that 'nasty little rash' ?

Smile
csurry 20 9.2k 92
8 Oct 2007 6:50PM
Sorry Pete I made a wthdrawal at the telephone box as I noticed you were not collecting Smile

Fraid the offer from Cole is no longer available as he has headed off back to Wales Sad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.