Get 50% off Adobe CC Photography plan with any X-Rite ColorChecker Photo product!

External hard drive

PMeldrum 15 480 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2006 4:05PM
Maplins 300Gb Seagate 109

I got a 400Gb one last month, fantastic!

P

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

porty2003 16 97 Scotland
20 Sep 2006 4:29PM
Great,plenty to choose from there!.My reason for getting one is that a couple of CD's I filled with scanned slide shots maybe 3years ago have started 'acting up'.There are a 'couple' of files on each which will not now open into photoshop.It tries and the bar graph thing shows it about half way there and it goes no further ,no matter how long I leave it.I only recently bought a DSLR and am a bit concerned,to say the least,if this is not an abberation but a common occurance.Actually,both CD's were Phillips,so maybe duff discs?.Also,I have heard of hard drives[internal]going bottoms up and all data being lost.I begin to realise that though digital capture is a boon,are we all courting potential disaster?.Do we need to make two CD copies of everything plus the external drive and check these CD's every so often for signs of failure?.Rhetorical question there as I know the subject has been done and many differing views/solutions[!!]

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.