Extracting photos from video cams

PeterC 19 2
8 Aug 2001 1:28AM
What programs are easiest to extract video from mini DV cams? I'm using Ulead Video Studio and it seems a bit awkward.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

PeterC 19 2
8 Aug 2001 1:28AM
I meant "extract photo's from video". And I thought I checked it over too. Hum...
7 May 2002 5:30PM
Peter
I use Adobe Premier
Drag the Video on to the timeline
Move the curser to the frame you need
Select File\Export timeline\Frame or CTRL\SHIFT\M
Chose the place to save it.
June
20 Jul 2002 9:00AM
I use an "All in Wonder Radion ATI graphic card" basicly, you plug your video/cam/ minidv etc. direct in to the card, you can watch the video on your moniter, if you want to capture a still, click the capture button, the still is opened into a new window, you then save as Tiff / jpg etc, and open in your photo package. very easy, very quick. around 130 for the card.
Sepia 18 140
27 Jul 2002 12:33AM
Can this card let you record back to a VCR?
I really need something like this to produce broadcast quality movies. I have a Dazzle, Hollywood bridge that nicely takes my analogue video into the computer, it should send it back, but I just get a message, incorrect time format. I can't submit my animations to anyone on a cd.
Thanks, Sepia
27 Jul 2002 9:06AM
the ati enables you to output from your pc into a VCR whatever is being displayed on the moniter, eg slide show, vid cd, dvd, games etc., the quality is that of a usual video, its quite good, though probably not "broadcast quality".
27 Jul 2002 9:06AM
the ati enables you to output from your pc into a VCR whatever is being displayed on the moniter, eg slide show, vid cd, dvd, games etc., the quality is that of a usual video, its quite good, though probably not "broadcast quality".
Sepia 18 140
27 Jul 2002 10:55AM
Thanks for that, sounds like this is what I need. Do you know if I would need anything else, apart from a VCR?
Regards, Sepia

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.