WEX Deal: Free Grip With Panasonic LUMIX G100 Purchase

Falmouth University Visit

debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
21 Oct 2005 3:14PM
My 17 year old is planning to go to Falmouth next week to see what the University has to offer her. It's at least 8 hours from home, so she and her friend need to stay over.

Does anyone know of any local B&B's or small hotels that will look after them - and/or anything about the Uni and the local life?

Any info much appreciated, Debbie.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

waaaaam 14 32
24 Oct 2005 1:08AM
Hi debbie

I'm going to that open day too, its a good course! I can't really help with respect to the accomodation but I should imagine a quick google search should bring up a few places.
I live fairly close to Falmouth and have visited it a few times, and the uni life seems good, if a little quiet. One bad thing is that it isn't near anywhere with regular large exhibitions of work which is essential, but nevertheless its a great place to study.

Just a note - If you daughter is applying for a photography or art course at Falmouth there is a much larger chance of getting in if you gain a Foundation Degree first. It's what I am doing now and I'd recommend it. If you apply without it, Falmouth will set you a small task to complete (such as a short photography project i was given) and then they decide your place on that. I think they do the foundation course at falmuoth though, so I may be telling you stuff you already know!

Hope that was some help,

Sam
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
24 Oct 2005 4:57AM
Most helpful, Sam, thankyou. Just off to find her now to show her.
She's into art, not photography...fedup with tripping over camera kit, I think!!
waaaaam 14 32
24 Oct 2005 8:52AM
Glad to be of service.

Im pretty sure the art course will say similiar but best of luck anyway Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.