WEX Offer: Save 50 On The Olympus OM-D E-M1X

FAO Frenchie - Bambi Cantrell

UserRemoved 16 4.2k
1 Nov 2004 2:14PM
Well mainly a post for Mike (or anyone else who wants to listen Wink)

So did you go to the Bambi Cantrell seminar and if so what did you think?
bpa 16 1.2k
1 Nov 2004 4:26PM
There's another one in Altrincham on 10/Nov for those that may have missed the last one, and yes Mike, how did it go?

Stephen
UserDeleted 17 3.6k
1 Nov 2004 5:48PM
Hi Joe & Stephen.

Yes I did go.

+ve's

- Great Speaker
- Lots of new ideas, techniques
- Some good marketing and business tips
- Lots of enthusiasm, really personable
- Explained the technique, lens, PS for each image and how, when and why shot including how anticipated
- An outdoor session with a "bride" showing reflector, posing, angles, directional language and actions
- Food very good considering the cost, and number of people

-ve's

- Too many people in a small room (about 110 in a room for 50-60 apparently some on-the-day arrivals that were allowed in
- A little too much marketing of her products but not overly and you would expect that
- Hotel too small in general - a real crush

I really enjoyed it - got a load of new ideas and enthusiasm. Would love to do the 3.5 day 15:1 ratio course, 6 models, assigmnets, and critiques she is doing next April in the UK - 1500 all inclusive.....

My favourite quote "You won't go to hell for adding a 1 in-front of your prices"

Happy to add more info if you have specifics...

Mike
UserRemoved 16 4.2k
1 Nov 2004 7:14PM
Cheers Mike.
bpa 16 1.2k
1 Nov 2004 7:35PM
Thanks Mike, I'm planning on throwing a sickey at work for the Altrincham one (the joys of being an employee, sorry boss don't feel too well, ahem!)

Stephen
UserRemoved 16 4.2k
3 Nov 2004 2:11AM
Of course your boss doesnt read Epz?

Eh Stephen? Wink
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2004 2:22AM
LOL!
Glad I'm the boss here! Hubby and I have booked for the Altrincham seminar. Looking forward to it. We were going to stay overnight the night before, but I have to go to a parents meeting so that I can spend 1200 on sending my daughter to San Francisco for a week to study sociology. The furthest I ever went was Chester Zoo...
UserRemoved 16 4.2k
7 Nov 2004 1:27PM
Just back from the seminar.

Very interesting but some of the PJ stuff was teaching to suck eggs but interesting when applied to wedding photography.
It was also interesting to guage the crowd reaction as well Wink
The audience was a mix of a lot of pros across Ireland and some wannabes (those who brought cameras with them Wink)
Well run and quite some hard sell but then again you dont get a seminar that cheap without some product placement 'you know that hassleblad f2.2 is an excellent lens for shallow DOF' - lol - if I heard that once...

It was also interesting to see some of her photos up on the big screen. Certainly a lot of them would be given rough rides by the more technically or competitive judging fraternity.

Excellent speaker although I am used to working with USA people in presentations Wink

All round - good experience although 100 odd quid for the DVD, I didnt buy anything Wink

Good day! I'm almost persuaded to join SWPP as well Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.