Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Fastest dispatch ever?

debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2004 4:32AM
I work nights and occasionally can't sleep when I'm off duty! What do I do but get the computer out and visit ePhotozine and the like!
I've placed an order just now at www.photobox.co.uk They are always very quick and the prints are top quality. I've been amazed though, by their response...
Order received 05.00.28h
Order dispatched 05.05.09h
And that's for 70 6" x 4" prints.
For anyone looking for a digital printing service, I can't recommend them enough!
franken Plus
18 5.1k 4 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2004 7:39AM
I use them all the time. I placed an order on Wednesday afternoon and received it the next morning. Quality and service is supurb!

Ken
collinf 17 1.2k
16 Oct 2004 11:53AM
Wow!

I might just have to give them a go!

What are their prices like for bulk printing?

I will look later, just going to a wedding shoot and trying to de-stress and waste a bit of time Smile
16 Oct 2004 4:19PM
They offer 6" x 4" prints for 12p each if you pre-buy a 'pack' of 100. Otherwise, prices are very good, with discounts for 5+ and 20+ prints.
gemm 16 800 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2004 10:01PM
I use them as well. Always get photos delivered on the next day. Definitely recommend them.
mdpontin 16 6.0k Scotland
16 Oct 2004 10:21PM
Only used them once so far, and primarily as a test before ordering a set of prints for a commission. My order was for an A2 poster. Order was delivered in the time stated, and the quality was excellent. I'll certainly be using them for the rest of my commission.

Doug
klewis 16 1.9k 1 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2004 11:15PM
Can't praise Photobox highly enough. I put a wedding album up for friends and everyone of the orders placed has been turned around very quickly. All of the customers have said the photographs were 1st class (not the actual content, because I took them but the quality of printing). I've also had prints upto 18" done for myself and they are very good as well
collywobles 16 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2004 8:11AM
Me too, I agree with klewis, cant praise them enough. I was logged on one Friday at about 7:00pm and was ordering some B/W prints as a surprise for my son. Just as I was about to press the button and send the order my son walked in, but luckily the order was sent before he saw what I was doing. The post arrived at about 8:00am the following morning and there was my order of 4 10X8 prints. Thats service for you just over a 12 hour service.
tezza 16 569 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2004 11:09AM
I've used Photobox previously and yes they are excellent but here comes the but...

I try to upload to their site lately and my computer just crashes. One or two other sites also do this regularly. I know it has something to do with my end - probably the norton anti virus traffic blocker thingy being over zealous. The sites that usually crash the system usually have loads of ads etc on them.

Yesterday I popped out to investigate a couple of local internet cafes to see if they had CD drives etc that I could use. Got to pop back to see if this route works.

But, you know what it's like. You get the urge at a ridiculous time to turn on the computer and upload some pics... and the above cafes are closed. Frustrating or what?

I know it could be a number of things but has anyone else had this problem and found an easy answer?

Help!!!

Terry
chris.maddock 19 3.7k United Kingdom
17 Oct 2004 12:16PM
Have you tried turning off the ad blocking part of Norton, or even Norton itself whilst uploading?

KRs
Chris
17 Oct 2004 3:05PM
After a lot of trial and error, I've found the quickest way is to upload 1 photo at once using the drag and drop into the green box system. If I'd a lot to order, I'd just send a CD.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.