Fault or user error

Dilligaf617 New Member
11 Feb 2019 1:29PM
I have recently purchased a S8100fd from a private seller on eBay.
I took it to a local lake to take some test photos I had taken 20 or 30 photos when a caption appeared on the rear screen "Internal memory full please insert new card.
The SD card is 8GB and works ok in my S2950.
When I got home and attempted to put photos on Windows photo gallery there were no images to import.
The only error I can say it that I had the shutter sound off and I may have not depressed the shutter button completely.
I took 7 or 8 pictures in my garden and all was ok .
Any comments would be appreciated.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

banehawi Plus
14 2.0k 3983 Canada
11 Feb 2019 3:08PM
Try formatting that card in the s8100 and then see if it makes a difference.

To get images off the internal memory I think you may need to dig down using file explorer into the cameras internal files, or use the cable that comes with the camera and connect it to the computer.
bornstupix2 1 60 1 France
11 Feb 2019 4:12PM
Its possible that the internal memory images will only download via the cables and software that belong to the camera....the manufacturers site will probably download their software as a free update.
It may well be that in order to save to your card it needed to be formatted in the new camera.
As a rule I format my cards for each camera they are used in and never remove them until they show a fault or full, using the camera cables to download direct.....works for me.
It may well sound a little "conspiracy theory" but I dont trust camera makers to facilitate ease of use from model to model and maker to maker is worse I fear....new camera...new card...format and stay as you are is my mantra.
11 Feb 2019 8:45PM
Similar to comments above...first step is to format the card in the camera...

NOT the P.C. !!

Personally I always use a card reader, not a cable from the camera...
and when card contents are downloaded, format the card again, as above.

Sounds like your system is not recognising the card, (possibly associated with the first reason..) and can therefore only “see” the small amount of storage held in the camera...

I await correction though...Wink

Dilligaf617 New Member
11 Feb 2019 8:51PM
I always format the SD card on my main PC I am going to phone Fuji UK and see what they say.
Big Bri 17 16.5k United Kingdom
12 Feb 2019 8:56AM

Quote:I always format the SD card on my main PC I am going to phone Fuji UK and see what they say.

You've asked for advice and it was given. Try formatting the card in the camera.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.