50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

Favicon

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Reason : Please use foliopic reports system from this point on :)

rhousham 14 435 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2010 11:33AM
Hi guys thanks for bearing with us it took us a while to find the solution.
Anyway we have implemented it now and the favicons that you guys have uploaded have been fixed.
Thanks again for your understanding.
Regards
Richard
discreetphoton Plus
16 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
5 Aug 2010 12:45PM
Thanks guys.

My browser always defaults to the foliopic icon until I revisit from my bookmarks. However, on closer look, I've remembered that I managed to figure out a way to add my icon before it was an easy option. Got no clue how I managed that, but I'll try doing it the proper way Smile

My code's probably full of holes like that, I've made so many changes just by trial and error of the advanced editor Smile
5 Aug 2010 4:07PM
Give it a go if you have any problems then leave a report through the foliopic side and we will have a look.
Should just be a case of removing the link rel="shortcut icon" line I think! Tongue
Thanks
Richard
sitan1 Plus
12 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2010 1:13PM
Hi again, thanks for trying to sort out my problem but I still cant see my favicon in IE Sad
Ive tried resaving the page into my favourites and re uploading the favicon to my site but with no luck.
Any suggestion or am I doing something wrong.
6 Aug 2010 1:16PM
Hi guys I'll have a look in future could you report it through foliopic as we will always look there.
ipicimages 12 1 Wales
6 Aug 2010 1:50PM
Hi, are you using Nikon capture or do you have it on your computer? Why I ask is that I had similar problems uploading pics to my clikpic but I was told to install firefox to do the job. There is, seemingly a conflict with the file naming system when using Explorer and Capture. The other alternative is to alter something in the computers main settings, which can mess things up.
Hope this helps.

Best regards, Mike.
6 Aug 2010 1:51PM
Hi looking at it there was a problem with the software and the image you were trying to use.
Very odd - I won't go into details. Just to say it's annoying when software doesn't do what it says!
Anyway, I think I've fixed the problem if you could reupload your image then it should be ok.
Regards
Richard
sitan1 Plus
12 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2010 2:48PM
Thanks Richard will try it and let you know how it goes Smile
sitan1 Plus
12 1.3k 1 United Kingdom
6 Aug 2010 2:53PM
Just uploaded the favicon and it works perfectly, thanks very much for sorting it out im really pleased with it.SmileSmileSmileSmile
Smile
6 Aug 2010 3:06PM
Cool, any others could you please use the foliopic report system it's the best place for it.