Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Favourite country song

plutoman 16 347
16 Jan 2005 12:09PM
Anything by Robert Earl Keen.. Johnny Cash American recordings set are pretty good also... NOt into the twangy country stuff though..

Craig
tce5 16 61 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2005 12:37PM
Don't know what its called - think it may be 'duel with the devil' by Johnny Cash. About a fiddle player that has to see if he can play better than the devil. Only heard it a few times but never forgot the first time when I was 10.
Tanya
sugarbird 16 223 South Africa
16 Jan 2005 12:42PM
Patsy Cline is great too, most of her stuff..
c_evans99 17 7.0k 1 Wales
16 Jan 2005 12:54PM
There's the old joke isn't there - what do you get if you play a country song backwards? Your car back, your job back, your dog back, your wife back Smile

Don't go in for the big hats and sequins myself but I like Steve Earle's narrative songs...

Everyone in Nacadoches knew Tom Ames would come to some bad end
Well the sheriff had cought him stealin' chickens and such
by the time that he was ten...

best first lines of a song ever! Smile

Ceri
Atlas 17 621 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2005 12:59PM
I Have such a broad spectrum of musical tastes from classical to trance.
The first artist that comes into my mind for country is John Denver - Rocky Mountain High and Country Roads or Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy and Galveston, or Johny Cash - I Walk The Line and Ring Of Fire...oldies but goodies :o)
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
16 Jan 2005 1:25PM
Have you heard "The Girl From Yesterday" by the Eagles on their "Hell Freezes Over" album. Simple, but a classic. Get out the old guitar. You can't help singing along.
vfr400 19 886
16 Jan 2005 1:30PM
Seabloke, you need to lisern to Jasper Carrott's ultimate country song it's got everything in it. ;o)

chris
Phoenix 19 1.9k England
16 Jan 2005 1:38PM
I couldn't pick just one, but here's a half dozen of my favourites :-

Live Like You Were Dying - Tom McGraw
Learning To Live Again - Garth Brooks
When Cowboys Didn't Dance - Lonestar
When You Say Nothing At All - Alison Krauss & Uniom Station
I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
Perfect Love - Trisha Yearwood

But, when I'm on this site, a far more appropriate song seems to be

Friends In Low Places - Garth Brooks
Phoenix 19 1.9k England
16 Jan 2005 1:47PM

Quote:Don't know what its called - think it may be 'duel with the devil' by Johnny Cash. About a fiddle player that has to see if he can play better than the devil.

Tanya, Do you mean "The Devil Went Down to Gorgia" by the Charlie Daniels Band ?
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
16 Jan 2005 6:37PM
The Devil Went Down to Georgia.
gajj 17 32
16 Jan 2005 8:28PM
Anything by Lucinda Williams here and Friends in Low Places vies with Devil went down to Georgia.
SuziBlue 18 16.2k 10 Scotland
16 Jan 2005 9:45PM
Not a great country fan but do like some - Wichita Lineman by Glen Campbell I'll always turn up on the radio and stuff by James Taylor - 'Sweet Baby James', 'You've got a friend' ..

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.