Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

February Monthly Competition

14 Feb 2018 7:01PM
I see the competition is sponsored by Nikon and also that, according to the rules, "The winning entry may be used by the sponsor as a promotional image for a period of no more than 5 years."

This implies that the images need to be captured using Nikon kit, which isn't actually stated explicitly (as far as my old eyes can tell!). Can someone on the staff confirm/deny this?

Thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

EddieAC Plus
13 1.9k 2 United Kingdom
14 Feb 2018 7:47PM
I'm not staff but..... Smile

I have checked through the rules and it doesn't say anywhere that the images have to be taken using Nikon kit.

As you say it does state that the winning entry may be used by the sponsor and "may" is probably the key word here in that it doesn't have to be. I would assume that the judges favourite image will be chosen and if it happens to be captured with a Nikon then that "may" would probably become a "will". If the image is captured using a different brand then it probably wouldn't apply.
saltireblue Plus
7 7.6k 33 Norway
14 Feb 2018 8:21PM
I think Eddie has hit the proverbial nail on its proverbial head, but have asked that someone from Editorial responds officially here in the thread.
14 Feb 2018 8:27PM
Thank you, saltireblue.
emmaK22 Plus
6 104 United Kingdom
15 Feb 2018 8:20AM
Hi Steve,

You don't have to use Nikon kit to enter this competition.

All that the T&Cs refer to is that the sponsor may choose to promote the winning images and the competition by their own means i.e on Facebook and Twitter once they have been announced.

They will always credit the photographer if they do this.

15 Feb 2018 8:52AM
Thank you, Emma.

Now all I have to do is persuade myself that the picture I have in mind is good enough! Wink
16 Feb 2018 2:11PM
Possibly a silly question, but is it possible to view the entries to a competition? I can't see any obvious way of doing so.
saltireblue Plus
7 7.6k 33 Norway
16 Feb 2018 2:15PM

Quote:Possibly a silly question, but is it possible to view the entries to a competition? I can't see any obvious way of doing so.

Not until after the closing date and judging. The results are always published in the News section and the winner, runners-up, short-listed entries as well as all other entries are viewable.
Here's the January contest.
16 Feb 2018 2:31PM
Ah, fair enough. I suspected that might be the case.

Thanks for the info.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.