Get 50% off Adobe CC Photography plan with any X-Rite ColorChecker Photo product!

Fed up weight-lifting and looking for a small pocket camera.

TornadoTys 4 56 United Kingdom
18 Aug 2019 11:06AM
IMO the sony A6xxx range offer a good all round option. I am in the same circumstances in that I love my canon 7Dii and the EF lenses I use with, however for a city break it is alot of kit to put in a carry on suitcase on low cost carrier airline and I have it even mentioned weight yet !

I am currently borrowing a matrs A6500 as I own a sony NEX5R I have some e mount lenses I can utilize.
So far it is pretty good once you set a few custom function buttons and spend time getting around the ***** menu system. The big benefit is the eye detect which is just bloody amazing !
This alone makes the A6500 a great camera to carry around. Plus most of the len range are lighter than dslr, you can get cheap Godox small flash, and video is pretty good.
I really would like to the successor to the A6500 when it comes out.

I will still keep my 7Dii as it is fantastic ( apart from sony A9, nikon D500 ) for wildlife, sports and air shows.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

20 Aug 2019 12:08PM
i think you should go for Sony RX10mk3, it meets all your requirements.
cheddar-caveman 16 1.2k England
9 Dec 2019 10:01PM
Just doing that right now, down weighting from my Fuji XT-2 /100-400mm to the Sony RX10 Mk4. Saves over 1Kg from my poor neck 🤪 even though I usually "carry" the camera on a harness!
LenShepherd 12 4.1k United Kingdom
26 Dec 2019 12:46PM
The market is always evolving.
The Nikon Z50 with up to 5 stops VR and an FX lens range equivalent of 24-375mm for just under 1,000 is a recent new option.
For Nikon photographers existing lenses can be used when weight is not a priority.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.