Feedback on Photo competition area

Will 18 1.8k United Kingdom
3 Dec 2002 2:04PM
Please leave any comments on the new Photo competition area here.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 19 16.6k United Kingdom
3 Dec 2002 4:19PM
Will, I gather from the "Temporary images" that people's submissions will be on display to others ?
Is this wise ? What will happen if someone submits a photo then someone else "with the same idea" posts a similar one ?

Also, it doesn't say anywhere how many submissions each user can make.

Also, does one get extra points for having > 280 posts ? Wink
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
3 Dec 2002 4:38PM
Typical, we think we've got a great idea and then someone informs us of what should have been obvious. The creative minds here eh! The idea behind showing entries was that members could look at submitted material. It would then give them a feel for the quality and encourage new entries. We never thought about the rip off factor, doh! So the first competition will not have pictures and the second will show all the entries from the first so you can see what was submitted and what won. You will also be able to comment on any of the photos. This could be to encourage losers or offer constructive criticism or to ask a question about the technique. Any other thoughts please?
The number of submissions is stated in the rules. It's three per person.
Katie 19 76
3 Dec 2002 4:45PM
Brian-you photo make you look like a psycho. Are you? (You'll never find out where i live)Smile
Rob Freem 17 113 France
3 Dec 2002 4:56PM
Pete.
Can you put the photos that are in the portfolio
into the readers gallery for comment.
RobMarriott 19 68
3 Dec 2002 5:16PM
I've just changed the competition application so that entries are not displayed until the competition has finished. The staff at ephotozine will have the option to display sample images for each competition. I trust that this answers the Big Bris concern. Good luck to all of you.
Big Bri 19 16.6k United Kingdom
3 Dec 2002 5:23PM
Katie - it's an old photo. When I worked for Novell my team was being photographed for the company magazine, so we thought it would be a laugh to line up like convicts and make stupid faces. I just recently scanned in the photo and went beserk with the adjust contrast setting.
So to answer your question, I WAS a psycho, but am now a very quite mild mannered family man.
Smile
J-P 17 396
3 Dec 2002 11:40PM
It's UK and Eire entries only. I live in New Zealand but still have a UK address.

Is that a yeh or nay ?

JP
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
4 Dec 2002 12:03AM
yes as long as the sponsor only has to deliver the item to a uk address it's fine

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.