Save An Extra 15% On All Regatta Clearance Jackets & Coats use code: JACKET15

Film Processing and back from digital

timiano 16 894 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2009 6:34AM
Hi

I've just recently acquired a Canon A-1 with 8 primes and a zoom for 400. I'm rather pleased with myself.

However, blasphemous as it may be, the Canon FD kit was mainly purchased for sticking on the front of a Panasonic GH1 with suitable mount adapter. But, as part of buying a FD 50 1.4, I picked up the Canon A-1, and I've thought, well, why not? Smile

I was intending on selling my Nikon Coolscan V ED until then, which then got me thinking. For the amount of film I will shoot, maybe 15 rolls/year max, is it worth keeping the scanner. So I went online to look at processing and scanning costs and initially was quite gobsmacked! Times have changed.

Anyway, on my searching I found these guys: http://www.e6processing.co.uk/ and they seem to be very reasonable. So I think I can safely say my Coolscan days are over.

Anyway, any tips on dipping my toes back into the emulsion greatly received.

Thanks

Tim
4 Aug 2009 10:30AM
Tip no 1 - don't put your toes in the emulsion - it makes marks on your pictures Smile

Tip no 2 - get out there and start snapping.
Snapper 16 4.5k 3 United States Outlying Islands
4 Aug 2009 12:04PM
You could just send me the Coolscan and it would save you all the hassle of selling it. I'll pay the postage, obviously! Tongue
photofrenzy 14 424 2 United Kingdom
4 Aug 2009 3:14PM
I used to use them years ago to process my rolls of velvia before i went digital.

The slides i got back were immaculate NO SCRATCHES and i got them scanned onto cd theyre good for 18x12s and probably higher very good quality i was pleases with them realy good value for money.
landandlight 15 46 Scotland
4 Aug 2009 3:17PM
How much are you wanting for your scanner?
4 Aug 2009 5:45PM
Just got a scanner and the quality of my Velvia and EBX 100 trannies has made me deecide to get an old EOS film body,I am keeping the 350D but going to use the film camera for some ultra wide landscapes
Paul Morgan 19 19.5k 6 England
4 Aug 2009 8:21PM
Have a look at Iford, they offer a very good B&W service including high res scans.
5 Aug 2009 1:05AM

Quote:I used to use them years ago to process my rolls of velvia before i went digital.

The slides i got back were immaculate NO SCRATCHES and i got them scanned onto cd theyre good for 18x12s and probably higher very good quality i was pleases with them realy good value for money.

Thanks for that. I'll certainly give them a try, look a nice outfit.
5 Aug 2009 1:07AM

Quote:How much are you wanting for your scanner?

Not sure if wheeling and dealing is allowed in the forums, but can't see anything to say not.

However, I'll send you a private message.

Tim

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.