Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

filter

30 Jul 2009 5:47PM
i want to buy some filters but there are so many filters and different functions that i am a bit puzzled. i have 18-55 nikkor lens. can you help me to short out some of them?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse Plus
13 40.4k 269 England
30 Jul 2009 6:04PM
That's a very broad question but for digital photography you may find you need only neutral density graduated filters and a polarising one.

What is puzzling you?
30 Jul 2009 7:56PM
thanks CB for your advice and i should purchase neutral density and polarizing filter. but as i donot have any macro lens so it is a bit puzzling for me about +1, +2, +3, +4, +10 close up filters. i know about the functions of each of them at the same time i donot want to buy all that. again there are blue, green, tobacco, red, yellow, UV , infrared etc. filters. as i have never used those filters, i do not have any experience for the general usefulness of them and which one has more popularity for using. although i know the function of each and every one. so it is actually puzzling me. can you help me to select many of them except ND and polarizing because i will obviously purchase them.
Carabosse Plus
13 40.4k 269 England
30 Jul 2009 8:27PM
I wouldn't bother about close-up filters. Save up for a macro lens.

You don't need any of the other filters either.
30 Jul 2009 8:52PM
thanks for your opinion and i am quite sure that only ND and polarizing filter will be better.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.