Amazon Music Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Filters in EXIF

18 Mar 2013 8:39PM
Although not technically 'exif data', I think there should be options to add filters in the detailed camera settings info.

This would encourage more people to mention what filters they are using. I realize this can go in the body of text, but most people omit this information.

As someone looking to get to grips with using filters, it would be good to see what filters people are using when, for example what level of ND grads are being used for long exposures.
rhousham 13 435 United Kingdom
18 Mar 2013 8:59PM
Sounds like a upgrade request it!
https://www.ephotozine.com/create-report
lol
Richard
ianrobinson 11 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
18 Mar 2013 10:43PM
you can find this info out on the forums about filters, although I can see the advantages of your request for people wanting to learn more about what filters can do for an image.
puertouk 9 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
19 Mar 2013 9:52AM
Any information that helps must be looked into. Personally, I would make it compulsory, that anyone uploading an image should have all the EXIF data for people to study. And yes, giving details of any filters used would be very beneficial as well.
Pete 19 18.8k 97 England
19 Mar 2013 10:16AM
It's something we could consider adding, but please add it to the comment now if filters have been used.

Quote:Personally, I would make it compulsory, that anyone uploading an image should have all the EXIF data for people to study. And yes, giving details of any filters used would be very beneficial as well.

When I edited a magazine, we used to ask for details so we could add to captions. We always wanted shutter speed, aperture, lens, camera and film speed, If filters were used we'd add that. In those days of film you could easily forgot, so the data wasn't always available, but you'd be surprised how many would say "I don't give details". There were a few reasons: some people didn't want to share their secret recipes, some will have forgotten and didn't want to let on, others really didn't think it important and due to that wouldn't share.

Now we have the added reason that exif is stripped when they use a specific program.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.