The Totally Tamron Website Is Back! Visit Today For All Things Tamron

Firefox

11 Feb 2008 6:38PM
I was wondering if anyone can solve this problem! I've started to use firefox and in my enthusiasm, downloaded an add on called adblock plus that should reduce some of the advertising found on websites, (not just ephotozine!), however, after experimenting with it on Ephotozine, not a single photo is visible. The website seems to upload them to my screen but all I can see is background grey. I've permitted all adverts and then disabled and eventually removed the program but all I have is grey. All the text is there and all the adverts still there, but no photos! I can still use Ephotozine via Windows Internet Explorer, so the problem defiantly seems to be with Firefox.
Does anyone have any ideas or is fate just having a laugh because I've tried to reduce the adverts!

Thanks

John

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sep 12 1.3k England
11 Feb 2008 7:11PM
Not really sure,but maybe try uninstalling then re installing Firefox.Maybe run a registry cleaner after the uninstal,to make as sure as pos that its all gone.
Joe
VolcanoCowboy 13 157 England
11 Feb 2008 7:22PM
The problem is not with firefox but with the Adblock extension. Sounds like to me you have added https://www.ephotozine.com/images/ to the list of blocked items. To resolve this, open up the Adblock preferences by selecting Tools --> Adblock Plus. Find the the directory above and right click on it. Select Delete and then click apply. Refresh the page and you should have all your images back.

I've found the best way to use Adblock on EPZ is to block all the adverts you don't want to see individually by right-clicking on an advert and selecting Adblock Image, then ok.

Hope that helps.

Adam

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.