Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Firmwear

delboy85 10 6 United Kingdom
26 May 2019 4:37PM
For a recent holiday to Greece I packed a Nikon D7100 and the 300mm f4 lens. From the start of the holiday the camera was showing the error message FEE. I lost a considerable number of shots through this so much so that I was obtaining estimates to repair the lens. When I returned home I swapped the lens onto another Nikon D7100 and it worked perfectly. The difference between the two cameras the one on holiday had Nikons latest firmwear the other did not.

Derek.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sausage Plus
14 576 United Kingdom
27 May 2019 9:19AM
Just a thought does the lens have a manual exposure ring? I seem to remember something like this when I had my 28-70 lens. I think it has to be set at the widest if using auto exposure on the camera.
delboy85 10 6 United Kingdom
27 May 2019 10:25AM

Quote:Just a thought does the lens have a manual exposure ring? I seem to remember something like this when I had my 28-70 lens. I think it has to be set at the widest if using auto exposure on the camera.

Yes it has to be set and locked at f32 and it was. It is still locked the same and works perfectly on the camera with the outdated firmware.

Derek
col.campbell 15 1.3k 4 United Kingdom
28 May 2019 10:38AM
Have you tried cleaning the contacts in the lens mount? I don't know your particular model of camera, but if they're springy give each a little push inwards to check they spring back out again. That might help.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.