Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

First M4/3 Camera From Kodak

Paul Morgan 16 18.7k 6 England
9 Jan 2014 3:05AM
Its been on the way for a while and here it is.

http://ces.cnet.com/2300-35292_1-10019346-1.html

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

9 Jan 2014 6:34AM
Looks like Olympus Mini remake...with a mode dial (which is great). Would be interesting to see M4/3 Kodak lens review. Thanks for the news!
franken Plus
14 4.2k 4 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2014 10:25AM
It looks interesting and a bit Olympus like but another make of micro four thirds can't be bad.

It'll be interesting to see a review and the price when the time comes.
Hugo 12 649 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2014 12:26PM
It's not really Kodak is it? Just some other brand that has bought the right to the Kodak name....as with Polaroid kit.
keithh 13 25.3k 33 Wallis And Futuna
9 Jan 2014 1:33PM
and produced by a company with no tech or photographic history.
kodachrome 5 649
9 Jan 2014 2:12PM
As said above, JK have no [as far as I know] digital photographic experience, but I'm sure they obtained expert help and guidence, plus it may well be made by one of the far East producers for JK.

In the 35-mm days Kodak had a reputation for marketing excellent cameras under their brand name Kodak and Retina, all or most made in Germany to a very high standard.
Hugo's right, its a purchased name, but that's pretty common throughout industry these days.

However, I hope it reviews well and sells well if only to keep the Kodak name on a camera. aggree, another M/4/3 format brand can't be a bad thing.
9 Jan 2014 4:31PM
You no longer need to have a photographic history to build camera`s.

Quote:It's not really Kodak is it? Just some other brand that has bought the right to the Kodak name....as with Polaroid kit

It been many years since Kodak built a camera, does it really matter, JK have acquired brand licensing.
joshwa Plus
6 814 United Kingdom
9 Jan 2014 6:02PM
Full details here:
https://www.ephotozine.com/article/kodak-micro-four-thirds-camera-announced-23776

Including details of two new (zoom) lenses.
9 Jan 2014 7:20PM

Quote:However, I hope it reviews well and sells well if only to keep the Kodak name on a camera. aggree, another M/4/3 format brand can't be a bad thing

It could end up helping sales of M4/3 in north America were the market is still pretty small for CSC`s, Kodak is an all American brand after all, no one ever complained that vivitar lenses and flash units were never made by vivitar Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.