First Print Sales

martinl 15 269 2 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2006 6:06AM
Following on from my thread yesterday on selling to the shop/gallery, I would just like to say that I revised my price list, thanks to the advice received, and have got some small success.

The guy in the shop ordered 2 A4 prints @ 15 apeice. Alright, it's not the biggest sale in the world, but it is a step in the right direction, and hopefully, will lead to further orders from them.

They were also interested in having some made into canvas prints, so here's hoping.

Anyway, this was just to say thanks to those who gave me advice especially regarding pricing, as I have now effectively got double what I was originally thinking I may get.

Martin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208 Plus
16 11.5k 12 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2006 6:19AM
Well done Martin, the first sale is always the one you will remember Smile Its good that he paid cash too, rather than sale or return.
John_Duckett 15 386 2 Norfolk Island
9 Mar 2006 2:55AM
Congratulations Martin that was bl**dy Quick !!!

John
lobsterboy Plus
15 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2006 3:09AM
Congrats Martin well done indeed.
Nixy 14 131
9 Mar 2006 6:52AM
Well there you are then,glad its worked out for you too.Good luck.Nick
peter_davey 13 1.4k England
10 Mar 2006 2:35AM
Great news,

I thought I too could be posting such a message after checking email yesterday - photosales email came in, only a week after I plugged in the sales module.

What did I find - 627 quid order from a complete joker in the USA saying so how much are you donating to charity.

So my response, I thanked him for his order and said that the legally binding contract he'd just entered into would be delt with quickly, hoped he'd enjoy the prints when payment was received and that the chrity would be pleased too !!!!!

Anyone else get many jokers pretending to order stuff, only to make stupid comments ?

Cheers

Pete
10 Mar 2006 4:10AM
Thank you for your help and advise, much appreciated.
Sold another one midweek too, and hopefully may get there is a couple more sales in the pipeline too!

Martin
15 Mar 2006 4:05AM
Martin, congrats, the feelings good isn't it Smile

Just had a great email about and hour ago - first sales on Alamy - all $92 of it, but it's a start.

Peter
TimJ 15 482 2 United Kingdom
15 Mar 2006 4:26AM
Great stuff Martin, keep it up.

Peter, with regards to your bogus order, it's not something I've ever had a problem with because payment is taken at the time of ordering, therefore I only get an e-mail once payment has been received.

Tim
15 Mar 2006 4:40AM
Tim thanks.

At present I only have order by email untill I've got through the web of confusion around testing in PayPal Sandbox.

Once that's sorted and tested then I'll plug in Paypal so as you say it won't be an issue.
18 Mar 2006 6:40AM
just checked my Alamy account again and a 10 x 6" sized shot has just sold, different image to the previous one, so that's two in week Smile
18 Mar 2006 11:50AM
Nice one Peter. Seems to be going in the right direction.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.