15 Mar 2007 2:49PM
I use Tesco's,

every little helps.
Snapper_T 16 867 United Kingdom
15 Mar 2007 10:47PM
Maybe, but at least you can tap a young ladies bum in Asda Smile
FatHandedChap 14 1.3k England
15 Mar 2007 11:44PM
I'm hoping to tap some young ladies bum at the event this weekend, but with a 'better bounce card' they may just be laughing at me instead.....

It's all made and ready to go, I'll stop off at Asda for some tissues on the way. By the look of some of the girls appearing I might be needing them.....
Origami_Owl 17 786
16 Mar 2007 9:51AM
I think this card goes further than than the tissue on the flash technique as it throws most the light unaltered towards the ceiling and a smaller percentage forward. This is a quote from the site:

"The goal is to send light forward but get more "hairlight". So you need to balance the forward light (less) and up light (more) so there is more bounce and a little less fill."

I've never used the tissue technique so let me know if it does indeed do this.

Paul
16 Mar 2007 9:57AM
I'm ready for a creative evening. I have my paper, scissors, and pencil and "2 inches" will be stuck in my head for quite some time.

Hopefully I'll get some good results - I'll post anything I deem worthy to grace these pages....

8-)

Tony
chase Plus
15 1.8k 454 England
16 Mar 2007 11:03AM
This is a really good idea,I made my bounce card some while ago now & use it regularly.I got the white foam stuff from my local craft shop,cost me about 1 & I made two from it.All you need to fix it to the flash is an elastic band.
Janet xx
JonR 13 26
16 Mar 2007 7:13PM
I like the bit in the video where he compares adjusting the card to putting on a condom. Except he doesn't say that, he just sniggers and says "like something else you might know".

Guffaw
oakeycoke 15 5 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2007 11:10PM
They sell foam sheet in Hobbycraft, A4 size at 45p and have an offer on A5 a 50 pack assorted colours at 2.49, half price. It goes by the name of 'Fab Foam'
It appears to be identical to the stuff in Peter's video and it works.
21 Mar 2007 9:25AM
Well, I used my foamy better bounce card all weekend and it produced some pretty good results.

The best bit about having a foamy one is that you can't damage it - people nudging into it in the crowds, squishing into corners of the camera bag. I dropped it when packing up on Saturday and found it again on the floor in a store room on Sunday morning. I wiped the footprints off with a damp cloth and it was as good as new.

It will now be a permanent fixture in the camera bag. Thanks Keith for your recommendation.....and yes, I did get a few strange looks.

Tony
RichardN00 14 432 1 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2007 9:31AM
The stuff he uses is widely available from online craft shops, it's used in card making, Google for "funky foam sheets" or "fun foam sheets"

It's useful having a wife and daughter who are into crafts, sometimes Smile
21 Mar 2007 7:43PM
I've just uploaded a photo from the weekend taken using my highly expensive Better Bounce Card.

I'm converted....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.