Exclusive ePHOTOzine offer - 20% off Mistubishi CP-M15E Bundle!

Flash intensity. 600d

13 Oct 2013 12:53AM
Hi guys. I,m new on here. Having same issue with both my 1000d & 600d.
The flash intensity varies dramatically when shooting in dusk,dawn or very low light conditions..
For example,say 800asa,100th/sec, f3.5.
I will get 6 different flash intensities in all 6 frames. I use Tv always,setting my own shutter speed manually then locking on to the widest apature. Usually f3.5. The flash never rarely delivers the amount of light I want. Occasionally ,so I know it is capable of it but I can,t control it. How do I get that maximum flash intensity that I need. Can I control it somehow ?
Thanks anyone. Roger in Australia
i
sparrowhawk Plus
11 282 2 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2013 7:26AM
hi there just a quick question have you checked the flash sync speed because if you have the speed too fast the shutter will close before the flash has had time to illuminate your subject! also can i ask are you using the built in flash or a separate one? you can vary the power of the flash in the menu using+/- hope this may help you ! i personally would try using external flash as you in my opinion have more control and can achieve a lot more effects because of the various settings open to you.
duratorque 17 427 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2013 4:57PM
Using flash is a difficult subject to answer on a forum. It will take a long time to learn. All you need to know is this very useful article: http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/

Why not control the flash output manuall if you don't want variation of flash intensity?
sparrowhawk Plus
11 282 2 United Kingdom
13 Oct 2013 6:16PM
sorry i meant to add that earlier to my previous post

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.