ZEISS Lens Discounts - Save Up To 220

Flashguns?

robs 16 685 2 United Kingdom
25 Apr 2012 11:29PM
Can anyone give me a quick synopsis of which flashguns Nikon have made which are wireless prepared. I want to sort out a basic wireless system to use with the D800's built in wireless capability - preferably on a budget - just to start off with (I may look at an aftermarket wireless set up a little later, but need 2+ wireless flashes on a budget and sooner rather than later for a job).

Cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gaucho 17 2.8k 2 United Kingdom
26 Apr 2012 7:42AM
Have a look at Nissin . They may be cheap but they seem to work well.
LenShepherd 11 4.0k United Kingdom
26 Apr 2012 9:29AM
Nikon specific the SB700, 800, 900 and 910 work wireless with the SB800 on board flash up.
The on board flash up can be set to nil flash output.
The SU800 is a better hotshoe wireles controller than the one in the inbuilt flash - but not cheap.
Second hand SB800's are the best value Nikon units on a budget.
cameracat 15 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
26 Apr 2012 1:06PM
Add to Lens information.

Anything outside the Nikon options will be a compromise, If you need the thing to work flawlessly every time buy a Nikon unit.

Wink
robs 16 685 2 United Kingdom
26 Apr 2012 6:57PM
I was thinking a couple of used SB800s but was just seeing if there was anything else out there. I may look to add an SB900 or two later on once funds are less constricting!

The SU800 - sounds like the old Canon wireless unit I had (actually still have and really must get around to selling soon). Shall look into one of those too at some stage.

Cheers!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.