Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Flipping marvelous

EnigmaPhoto 16 487 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2005 1:18AM
I recently purchased this Flash Object to display photo's (or anything you like) on a book style page flip. It's like flipping through the pages of a book.

It seems excellent. I used it to display a wedding storybook, but you could use it for any photo's you like. I thought I'd share it with you.

My example is here.

I'd love your feedback to see what you think.
ngeeves 18 118 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2005 1:37AM
I love the idea of the flip page album style, but the part I don't like is the drag a page part I find this really annoying, if that can be removed/disabled then for me it would be spot on.

Regards

Nick.
nickp 16 491 Scotland
21 Nov 2005 1:41AM
Works ok in Explorer but the pages get shunted off the screen to the left in Firefox. Another application for the recycling bin!
mdpontin 17 6.0k Scotland
21 Nov 2005 1:47AM
Displays kind of okay in Safari, except that it seems a bit narrow ("Our Wedd"?). Also when I click on the page corner, I get the page turning sound, but nothing happens. If I drag the page, it works.

From this and the above comment re. Firefox, there may be a minor problem with either the object or the page.

Doug

Edit: I tried it in Firefox too, and get exactly the same behaviour as in Safari.
EnigmaPhoto 16 487 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2005 1:49AM
Hmmm... I changed the display width in the HTML so it shouldn't be narrow.

I'll email the people who I bought it from to see if there is a patch or fix for these slight problems.

Thanks for the feedback though.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.