Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Focus on Imaging - meet up on Sunday 25th Feb 2007

Mounters 15 85 2 England
27 Jan 2007 3:40PM
I have not been to Focus before, is it the done thing to take your camera, is there any point? are there opportunities to get any decent shots or will you look like a noddy with a big lens with a camera full of images of backs of heads?
ZenTog 20 7.9k 1 England
27 Jan 2007 3:42PM
done thing is to have your very best camera and its biggest lens around your neck all day, ask the guys on here, especially about the guy with the gold hassleblad
Mounters 15 85 2 England
27 Jan 2007 4:06PM
Thats all very well but does he know what to do with it?.
All that glisters and all that, does size really matter?
Thanks guys look forward to comparing focal lengths, you might be talking mm i'm talking "'s
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
29 Jan 2007 11:31AM
We now have a membership card for you to download HERE , print out and wear at Focus to make it easier for other members to spot you. Just add your username and/or real name and slip it in the focus badge holder and you're sorted Smile
Dee_licious1 16 23 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2007 5:03PM
Wicked badge Pete - don't take much to please me does it!!!! Do I get a free pen for reminding you?

Sooty, Dolphinlady and I will see you all on Sunday - with our sexy badges.

Dee
jeanie Plus
18 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2007 5:15PM
Crikey the last time you created badges for us Pete was the Chester Zoo meet.........I think...

Good idea : )
sooty 36 17 14 United Kingdom
30 Jan 2007 5:37PM
Looking forward to it. As lots of people have their cameras slung over their shoulders, (hoping to get a free sensor clean and to try out new lens etc). I was wondering......How many of you out there remember "swap shop"? It just occured to me that lots of us have some old kit we dont want anymore. I have a 3 year old sony 3.2mp compact that i`m willing to swap for a sigma 500mm lens!! Any Offers??? lol
GillyB 16 317 8 United Kingdom
6 Feb 2007 10:26PM
Me too for Sunday, just off to sort out my badge!

gill

edit - how big does it need to be printed to slip into the badge holder?
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
6 Feb 2007 10:47PM

Quote:edit - how big does it need to be printed to slip into the badge holder?

printing at 100% should create one the right size
tomcat 16 6.4k 15 United Kingdom
9 Feb 2007 9:12AM

Quote:and slip it in the focus badge holder and you're sorted Smile

????????????????????????????????
dcash29 16 2.4k England
10 Feb 2007 10:55PM
I'll be there on Sunday although i dont know anyone from here.

I'm also old enough to remember swapshop but i doubt ive got anything worth a swap...lol
Little Jo Plus
20 2.3k United Kingdom
10 Feb 2007 11:20PM
Nothing to swap? What about all those stories of previous cameras - those heavy metal jobs that used that strange media called film! Hours spent in the darkroom with smelly chemicals, or the wait for prints/slides to come back from the processors???

Maybe we should have a funniest gaff competition - the most stupid thing you've done as a photographer. I remember photographing a dog at a dog show, but hadn't noticed that the owner's rather large bum (emphasized by the stretch trousers she was wearing) was dominating the left of the frame. It would have been enough to send most people to Weightwatchers!

:o)

Jo
dcash29 16 2.4k England
10 Feb 2007 11:31PM
When i meant nothing to swap i meant probably nothing anyone wants?

I do have the odd 35mm eos lenses, tripods and the odd flatbed and film scanner and printers
Doclassie 16 1.1k England
12 Feb 2007 7:19PM
Woo Hoo!

having missed last year's and expecting to miss this year's.... I'm actually able to go to Focus this year!

So, I take it Sunday is THE day to be there... right?? ;o)
Boyd 18 11.2k 11 Wales
12 Feb 2007 7:25PM
There's a possibility that I may be there on Sunday.
So yes.
;o)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.