Save 17% On All Regatta Jackets With Code: JACKETS17

Focus On Imaging 2011

Geoffphoto 15 13.5k United Kingdom
9 Mar 2011 5:36PM
Well I coudn't find it yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad
Mike Gray 16 382 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2011 7:45PM
Had a great time Tuesday with a friend, spotted Dave Cross from photoshopuser.tv had a great chat for approx 20 mins, a great guy who was doing some guest talks on the on one software stand. Feet were sore after all that standing up, yes i have an office sit down job.
Goggz 14 2.3k 72 Wales
9 Mar 2011 8:25PM
Hello Cattyal! Hope you made it home OK, it was nice to meet you chook!

Scutter - I spent a total of 42 furiously... got a couple of replacement brolly adapters for me light stands. Nothing else inspired me to part with the dosh... was toying with an X100 briefly but thought a lot better of it, then looked at the Nikon P7000 - very nice but still only able to bracket at a max of one stop apart - come on NIkon pull your finger out!! Canon stuf has been able to bracket 3 stops apart for years! Couldn't find a G12 so I'll stick with my little TZ7 thank you very much. It was good to see you anyway Ben Smile

So, in summary, not a very inspiring event. Prices didn't seem to be much better than the high street and in some cases worse... at least it was fairly quiet and I saw some excellent lectures on Lightroom and a few other things.
Scutter 13 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2011 8:39PM
Good to hear of your fiscal restraint GoggzTongueTongueTongueWinkWink and good to bump in to you too!SmileSmile
joshwa Plus
10 927 1 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2011 9:29PM
I picked up a refurbished Canon Powershot S95 boxed in excellent condition with 6 months Canon warranty for 230 Smile Another place was selling the camera new for 249, seemed quite good to me Smile
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
9 Mar 2011 9:31PM
for 19 extra, I would have got it new, Josh....LOLTongue
joshwa Plus
10 927 1 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2011 9:42PM
I tend to change cameras quite often Smile after using the S95 for a day and a bit the battery life was a little too short for me - and there was little to no warning that the battery was running out, it just suddenly seemed to pop up with a red battery warning light, then went.

I've got an LX5 as well, and whilst it's bigger, the flash hotshoe and better battery life mean it's much more suitable for what I want. I'll have to see how the Nikon Coolpix P300 performs both for image quality and battery life and see whether that would be a good pocket camera. Wink
cattyal Plus
16 9.2k 6 England
9 Mar 2011 9:45PM
Hey Goggz - good to meet you too Smile

I'd pretty much run out of steam by 1pm but managed to rally and bumble around for another couple of hours. A modest amount spent happily - mostly on mags - no expensive goodies as I managed to resist.

Someone smiled at me but I don't know if he just found my t-shirt amusing or recognised me and didn't want to say hello.
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
9 Mar 2011 10:34PM
Great to meet all those who found time to visit E18 where ePHOTOzine was. I enjoyed speaking with all of you..and sorry if I missed anyone who tried to meet up. I had to keep nipping off stand for meetings.
Had some great conversations with many and a few ideas came out which I need to absorb.
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
9 Mar 2011 10:40PM

Quote:was toying with an X100 briefly but thought a lot better of it

You couldn't have bought one. My contact at Fuji told me there were only 80 in the country and none of the dealers were parting with them at Focus (despite one being offered 150 over the asking price)
Mynett 12 142 6 United Kingdom
9 Mar 2011 11:01PM
called in on the stand - but late on the last day

Linda
Britman 14 1.7k England
10 Mar 2011 6:30PM
Did anyone have a look at the new flash system from magne flash called splash? I thought it looked promising just wasnt sure of the clear casing.
Didnt by anything though.
Pete 20 18.8k 97 England
10 Mar 2011 7:27PM

Quote:Did anyone have a look at the new flash system from magne flash called splash?

Yes and the guy responsible for the design is the man who design flash for Bowens decades ago that's still being used today by modern flash manufacturers.
andymcdonald 10 106 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2011 8:58AM
I had a look at E18 but didn't get a chance to speak to anyone. Though, I did take out the Advanced Photographer subscription - I live out in the sticks and hadn't seen any issues of it before, it looks quite good.

Other than that I managed to pick up a Vanguard Up-Rise 33 messenger for 49 which was good but I couldn't get excited on the camera/lens stands. I did try the Samyang 8/3.5 which is a nice, well built lens - though for 200+ I would probably try to get hold of a 2nd hand Sigma 10-20 instead.

It was funny seeing all the men in backpacks huddled round the models.Smile

Andy

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.