Want to sell your photos? Get Started!

Focus point on EM1 keeps moving.

Fma7 4 927 United Kingdom
23 Apr 2016 8:48PM

Quote:AS I said, it is not a horrifying problem as one person here put it

I don't see anyone saying it was a horrifying problem, they said
Quote:have it with my E-M5 and am horrified to learn that it continues with the E-M1

And even if they had, who are you to decide what is horrifying for someone else?

And as I said
Quote:Really helpful, you must be proud.

Tough

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jerrin 3 23 England
23 Apr 2016 9:13PM
Thanks everyone, well nearly everyone, for the positive comments. I had been given the fix by Ross the Fiddler and passed it on via private message because I was unable to upload it onto the Forum for some reason. The mistake I made was trying to look it up in the index instead of reading the entire custom function menu explanation. People like Lemmy and Ross the Fiddler are top blokes, willing to pass on their in depth knowledge.
Paul Morgan 18 19.3k 6 England
23 Apr 2016 9:42PM

Quote:
Quote:AS I said, it is not a horrifying problem as one person here put it

I don't see anyone saying it was a horrifying problem, they said
Quote:have it with my E-M5 and am horrified to learn that it continues with the E-M1

And even if they had, who are you to decide what is horrifying for someone else?

And as I said
Quote:Really helpful, you must be proud.

Tough

I was replying to a single post, now leave it.
Just Jas 17 26.3k 1 England
25 Apr 2016 10:42PM
I suffered this problem for a while on my E-PL5 and my E-m5. I too, searched the menus extensively for a lock on the centre position. I eventually resorted to using the fn & fn1 buttons as described by Lemmy.

The problem is that the cameras are so small and covered with so many buttons it is very easy press one (or two) inadvertently and unbeknowingly. At one time I considered giving up using the cameras.

However, for the last 6 months or so I have had no problem using the FM button approach.
lemmy 12 2.8k United Kingdom
26 Apr 2016 9:31AM

Quote: At one time I considered giving up using the cameras.

A lot of people feel that way. Don't forget that with both Olympus and Panasonic you have a reference to all your Fn settings on the SCP and Monitor Inf Disp. respectively.

Both in the bottom right hand corner. On the Panasonics it brings up the entire list, on the Olympus you scroll through them with the front dial. You can change them directly from there too.
Ged1 7 1 England
30 May 2018 2:18PM
I am having the same problem with the OMD EM1 MKk 11 and 300mm lens, with multiple focus points moving around the screen at random. I set for centre and if I move the camera up and down a bit its moves the whole block to its favourite position top left. I have to admit this was in Hungary in hot weather and the camera was pretty hot on the left hand side from lots of shooting.
HiTorque 4 1 Australia
28 Feb 2019 4:59AM
This topic seems to be old but I hoped someone found a solution to this focus shifting issue. I have OM-D E-M5.2. I see this every time using back button focusing BBF - mode 3. No issues with mode 1. I thought about shutter shock first, added 1/8sec shutter release delay but I still see focus point moving to the LEFT!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.