Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Foliopic

Scutter Plus
12 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2009 7:12PM
Am I the first person to notice this new child from the loins of EPZ Towers or just really slow? Smile

Anyone going to dabble?
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
6 Nov 2009 7:14PM
Scutter Plus
12 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2009 7:17PM
I think they (you know who you are) Wink are being far too modest!! Smile
User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
6 Nov 2009 7:20PM
Can't match Photium for me...

Wink
mattw 16 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
6 Nov 2009 7:25PM

Quote:Notice one of the nice features?

I hadnít noticed that one!

Also worth mentioning, there is a free year E2 subscription if you sign up to the advanced or pro packages for a year.
JJGEE 15 7.8k 18 England
6 Nov 2009 7:52PM
Probably the same for all Companies that offer this type of service but I would have to get, possibly a solicitor, to explain all the legal jargon and implications in the "Terms Of Use".

Have had a browse through a couple of those already "signed" up and the navigation / speed of loading images comes across as being fast & excellent !
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
7 Nov 2009 2:58PM

Quote:I would have to get, possibly a solicitor, to explain all the legal jargon and implications in the "Terms Of Use".

lol...we adapted our ePHOTOzine T&Cs...it's standard web stuff...does anyone ever read them all anyway?

Quote:I think they (you know who you are) are being far too modest!!

We're experimenting with a different approach.

Quote:Can't match Photium for me...

Didn't know you'd tried it Mike? but I'm happy that you're happy - Photium is certainly a good product. Foliopic plays on the integrated elements with ePHOTOzine to give extra exposure.
mcgannc 11 389 3 England
7 Nov 2009 5:21PM
Just set mine up now, really easy to use - had previously been put off going down this road as I don't know anything about web code and all that stuff but this is very straight forward!

Chris
User_Removed 13 736 4
7 Nov 2009 7:58PM
Pete - how are you marketing it externally? Seems to me like Clikpic is your major competitor here (similar price point and simplicity but you have the advantage on a/ number of pix for basic package, b/ google analytics and c/ the EPZ integrated 'flog it' function). But they seem to have the budget for SPS ads in all trade and amateur press. Want to chat further about marketing? Smile
User_Removed 11 1.4k England
7 Nov 2009 8:46PM
I like foliopic.

They showcased me.

And the best value/features IMHO asides from custom site.

Smile
User_Removed 13 736 4
7 Nov 2009 8:56PM
Swwils - just to let you know - you are still linking to your xcns and frag website via your pf. Are you going to do a side by side comparison?
User_Removed 11 1.4k England
8 Nov 2009 12:41AM
foliopic still has the best value for features available asides from a custom site.

e.g. in comparison with something like carbonmade.

The things you can do with even a basic account is just well worth it.
StuartAt 15 1.1k 8 United Kingdom
9 Nov 2009 1:10PM
Signed up with Photium for another 11 months, but will probably give this a look next October!
DannoM 12 58 England
10 Nov 2009 1:23PM
ive used it and like it. I tried clikpic etc and this was the easiest to use. Perfect for someone like me who found photoium difficult. :-(
Pete Plus
19 18.8k 97 England
10 Nov 2009 1:25PM
I'm really pleased to hear you like foliopic Daniel Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.