Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get the new ON1 Photo 10 and Save $100 Today. Use Code: GetPhoto10 View Offer

Foliopic forum

Pete Plus
14 18.8k 96 England
14 Jan 2010 2:05PM
You may have noticed (well you will now) that we've added a foliopic forum. This is to discuss ideas about the system and service of foliopic as well as allow us to share news and subscribers to ask questions. I've moved existing topics over.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

collywobles 11 3.7k 9 United Kingdom
22 Jul 2011 3:25PM
In Foliopic, is there a way to place a hold/not show one of your albums without having to delete the album or the images.

I have one album that I wish to not show temporarlly.

Pete Plus
14 18.8k 96 England
22 Jul 2011 5:23PM
Yes Colin
Go to Admin > Gallery > Photo Albums and click the pencil (edit) icon next to the album you want to hide.
Click the Private Album box and set a password that you will remember. This makes it viewable only with a password and visitors will not see it on the site unless they go to the generated link that you need to click to view it (displayed on the same page when you save the change)
You can untick the box to make it public again.
sarann 6 5 United Kingdom
23 Jul 2011 11:37AM
Is anyone else having problems signing into their free account, I couldn't sign in my password stopped working, tried to renew it got no reply. I then wrote and got a message back saying they would sort it and to send my details....which I did.....that was yesterday.... is foliopic unmanned at weekends?? I was hoping that I could get everything nicely designed over the weekend. I have had great feedback from associates about foliopic and how easy it is and from the limited experience I have had so far it seems amazingly quick. I know this is the free basic mode but I was hoping to upgrade after trying it out for a week or so.

ANY IDEAS OUT THERE or do I try Zenfolio, has anyone had any experience with them? Any help would be apprieciated
EddieAC Plus
10 875 2 United Kingdom
23 Jul 2011 4:06PM
I have had no trouble signing in and have just tried the option of getting a reminder sent by email which worked absolutely fine although it will generate a new password so you will have to change it back to something you will remember in your settings. So from this I am not sure of the problem you are having.

The offices may be empty-ish at weekends, at least Sundays so you could always try and pm pete for a bit of assistance.
23 Jul 2011 5:23PM
Thanks might try that, pity they're not there at the weekend, have had to use photobox...not ideal for my needs really
Pete Plus
14 18.8k 96 England
23 Jul 2011 10:45PM
Sorry Sarah first chance I've had to look at this. You may not have activated your account by clicking on the link in the first email. I've manually activated your account so you now have access.
25 Jul 2011 7:11PM
Thanks Dave & Pete, all sorted now, alls well in the world (well here anyhow)GrinGrinGrin
14 Sep 2012 9:54AM
Can anyone hel please.

When editing any of my text boxes on my front page as soon as I click anywhere on the text, the whole block of text ddissapears. Am I doing something wrong?
Pete Plus
14 18.8k 96 England
14 Sep 2012 10:02AM
I assume you did click the save button in the yellow panel after you clicked update in the text editor
14 Sep 2012 10:07AM
Thank for getting back Pete.

Yes I do hit the save button as its all there on the front screen, but the text dissapears when I edit the text box for say a spelling error or to add something.

TX Colin
Pete Plus
14 18.8k 96 England
14 Sep 2012 10:11AM
Is this a normal content block you are having trouble with? It says content block top right and has all the edit buttons above a text panel?
14 Sep 2012 10:49AM
Yes see below. As you can see the txt is there but as soon as I click the cursor on a word or sentance to edit is dissapears as in the second image

Tx Pete
Pete Plus
14 18.8k 96 England
14 Sep 2012 11:47AM
That's weird? It's not something that happens with mine ..also know there are no other reports in about it. I'll ask the IT guys see if they have any other suggestions. One thought..the text being blue looks like a graphic. Is it text or an image you have in the box?
rhousham 8 432 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2012 3:53PM
Hi I think you have solved it yourself but just so you know.
I think in you made the text white in the editor which you don't need to as the sites default colour is already white.
Then in picture 1 you highlighted the text which displays it by highlighting it in blue.
When you click to edit the highlight is removed and the text looks like it's gone.

The solution (which I think you figured) is to remove the colour white.

Hope that helps.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.