Foliopic site for non photography

Nick_w Plus
12 4.3k 99 England
22 Jul 2017 12:46PM
My wife is looking to start her own business. Does anyone know if foliopic can be configured for a no photography / art business?

She doesn't want to spend ages on the site, rather concentrating on getting the business off the ground, so at this stage doesn't want a WordPress site, although she wouldn't rule this out at a later stage (she's very IT literate, and the business involves training in various software packages).

If it can be used satisfactorily she would appreciate some examples, the foliopic site only really has photo related sites, which we can understand. Also if anyone knows of template based sites that would be more applicable again this would be greatly appreciated.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tianshi_angie 4 2.5k England
22 Jul 2017 1:00PM
I don't know anything about foliopic - but has she though about YouTube? There are a number of folk who post tutorials or just a series of finished work - i.e. a series of related still photographs set to music. Without knowing exactly what she wants it is difficult to answer you but what you have said suggests that there would be some tutorial type work.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.7k 36 Norway
22 Jul 2017 1:26PM
Nick - I've asked the backroom boys to respond here - foliopic is run by the same people as ePz, so they will know the answer...might have to wait for normal office hours for a response, though.

Malc
Nick_w Plus
12 4.3k 99 England
22 Jul 2017 3:36PM
Thanks Malc and Angie 😃 Monday will be fine Malc as she's not in a rush.
joshwa Plus
9 903 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2017 8:59AM
Hi Nick

Foliopic can be used for anything you want, as you can upload a picture or photo of the product(s) you are selling and set the price.

Some websites have been setup by training centres, artists, and someone also selling camera accessories:
http://www.badgerhillfarm.uk/
http://artistree.foliopic.com/
http://www.trevorhannant.com/

Hope this helps,
Josh
emmaK22 Plus
8 147 United Kingdom
24 Jul 2017 9:16AM
Hi Nick,

Whilst Foliopic is mostly used by photographers, it can technically be used by anyone, to promote anything. It's quite a modular system and you can add/remove page elements as necessary to make it work for you.

You can take advantage of the free 14 day trial and see how you get on with it.

If you have any further questions please let us know and we will try our best to help!
AlanJ Plus
6 1.0k England
24 Jul 2017 11:20AM
I'm just setting up a foliopic site for my photographs and find it very easy to use.
I have a site on Wix.com for my accountancy practice which is a template and very easy to use. If you go Wix start with the free option and wait for the message offering 50% to upgrade which comes soon after
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.6k 58 United Kingdom
25 Jul 2017 1:22PM
I looked up a general site recently - .weebly.com seemed to give the best options - free to start, supports taking payments later and even allows you to download the pages to go elsewhere - though likely you'll need to do some rework there.

So far i like it.
Nick_w Plus
12 4.3k 99 England
25 Jul 2017 7:13PM
Thank you everyone Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.