Get 50% Off Affinity Photo Today!

Foot in mouth disease

5 Sep 2005 3:30PM
I once was arranging a group shot at a wedding. After positioning the bride and groom, I started on the wedding guest (work colleagues and friends) around the bride and groom.
I gently positioned a mature lady and a young man who was acquainted with her; together. I refer to the young man has her son.
She quickly replied back to me and the group,
Thats not my son, thats my boyfriend!

I could have died! Or be killed!

A few weeks after the wedding I heard that they had split up!

The bride and the groom had a hard time persuading me that it was not my fault.

But I just cant help thinking
debbiehardy 16 363 United Kingdom
5 Sep 2005 3:39PM
LOL!! Not quite as bad as my (now) hubby's wedding experience. He'd come from the London to stay in a little Lancashire town.

I was in hospital and he'd gone back to his hotel for a meal. A wedding had taken place and the bride and groom were enjoying their evening along with their guests.

He came to visit me later on and I could see the disbelief on his face as he told me that the bride and groom were both female.......
5 Sep 2005 4:45PM
From matches to dispatches....

When i was 17, I worked part time in a supermarket. One of the regulars came in one day and filled a trolley with booze and nibbles and paper plates etc. Being the chirpy, friendly giirl I am, I said "wow, look at you pushing the boat out, gonna be a fantastic party by the looks of it, can I come?"

She replied "well you can come if you want, but it's my mother's funeral so i don't think you'd have much fun...."

Lisa
psiman 16 574 Wales
5 Sep 2005 11:40PM
My son had a similar experience whilst working part-time in our local supermarket. He's a friendly lad who always has a chat with the customers and as one woman was putting her groceries through the till he remarked on how much dog food there was and innocently asked how many dogs she had? To which the reply was "one less than we had this morning" which for once left my son at a loss for words!

Simon
colin 16 697 5 Scotland
5 Sep 2005 11:48PM
One classic that I said to good friends of ours. Yvonne is one of these hosts who always manages to cater for a large number with great ease and always puts on a wonderful spread, so you can imagine the look on her face when I piped up:
"You never seem to put much effort into your cooking !"
This still gets cast up whenever we meet - surprisingly we still do see them.
raziel_uk 16 4.9k
6 Sep 2005 12:10AM
Just check 90% of my posts for this!!!

:o)

Ashley

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.